Talk

Advanced search

Cramping 7 weeks after c-section

(3 Posts)
HJBeans Mon 25-Apr-16 03:45:07

Seven weeks post-section here and the last few weeks I've had an increasing sensation of period-like cramps - very low, maybe worse on the left side - accompanied often by rectal pressure, as if I need to pass wind. Had a tiny bit of spotting about a week ago and thought maybe it was my period returning, despite EBF and having no period got over a year after my first birth. Nothing since, though, and this cramping just continues. Has anyone else had this? Is it normal post-section?

OP’s posts: |
Want2bSupermum Mon 25-Apr-16 03:57:28

DD will be 4 weeks tomorrow and I had that last week. I'm here in the US and my obn has me taking stool softeners and gasX morning and night plus drinking 3L a day. It's my 3rd section and I carry this on until I am cleared to start exercise. My stomach muscles are shot and until I start Pilates I get terrible plains from constipation if I don't keep on top of the gas and stool softeners during the first 6-8 weeks. If your incision is clean, your discharge doesn't smell and/ or you don't have a raised temperature I would think from your description you have gas and/or constipation.

Either way, I would be calling the doctor in the morning to have them assess you.

HJBeans Mon 25-Apr-16 06:44:18

Thanks - I've had issues with bowel function since the surgery and am terrible about remembering to drink enough water, so this seems very likely to me. Thanks again.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in