Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on the Urban Kanga Uptown?

(5 Posts)
sunshine555 Wed 20-Feb-19 07:56:37

Hi all.
I’m going abroad with a 16 month old (11+kg) and a 3.5 year old (14+kg). Thinking of buying two Urban Kanga Uptown seats for the taxi transfers (over an hour). I see that they meet the older standard of ECE R44, not the isize, but my youngest will be over the 15 month rear facing minimum anyway. Does anyone have this seat and is it any good? Thank you!

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 20-Feb-19 08:25:55

Personally I wouldn't use it. If you join the Facebook group 'car seat seat advice uk' and search urban kanga, the moderators (all trained car seat experts) don't recommend it. I've attached one of their comments. It's sounds like the perfect travel seat but unfortunately it seems like it just doesn't match up in terms of safety.

Personally I'd get a Joie Tilt for your youngest and rear face. It's the safest way to travel for anybody (except the driver!) and really is recommended until 4yrs+. For your eldest, I'd rear face and get a Joie Stages or a Britax Two Way Elite but if you don't want to, I'd get another of the Britax FF seats if you don't want to travel with your normal car seats.

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 20-Feb-19 08:32:44

Another option for your youngest would be to take an infant carrier for this holiday. The Maxi Cosi's are huge if you have one/could borrow one.

sunshine555 Wed 20-Feb-19 08:57:43

Thank you. I’ve requested to join that fb group. It does sound like the perfect travel seat but I had a feeling that it might be too good to be true! I’ll look into the ones you have mentioned 😊

gigi556 Sat 30-Mar-19 10:55:08

You've probably already gone on your holiday. We have an urban kanga as we don't have a car. We pretty much just use it for taxis and short journeys. I think it's great and I probably would use it for what you are suggesting but I have used it in a car I didn't think it really fit/worked in and I don't think it's the safest seat....

We have a second seat for when we hire a car or go on longer journeys.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »