Talk

Advanced search

Cyber Bullying/ Sexual references

(7 Posts)
Richie1Richie2 Thu 26-Jan-17 16:07:35

Hi all,
I have 2 children 11 year old girl who is currently being sent 'bullying' messages through her instagram account. This is a locked account with only 12 or so school friends on it (and older family members which is what its mainly used for). Anyway, there have been a number of indecent messages over the past few weeks and we have an appointment with the school head tomorrow morning. I just wanted to ask some advice as to what i should expect from the head. My daughter is in an independent school with very small class sizes. Over the past month it appears that 2/3 of the boys have decided to send various messages saying they are going out with her/ they have broken up etc... All very weird in my opinion but, this has caused problems as they have now started to use very nasty sexual terms to describe her under photos on their account. These are infact screen grabs of the photo she has on her account (profile picture). My question is where do I stand with this and what can be done. I will remove her from insta but it feels like a punishment to her for something she has had nothing to do with. When i asked her what was meant by boyfriend in her eyes the response was - a boy who is my friend. She is very upset by the whole thing and has been crying. Any help greatly appreciated.

SheldonsSpot Thu 26-Jan-17 16:10:27

they have now started to use very nasty sexual terms to describe her under photos on their account. These are infact screen grabs of the photo she has on her account

Go to the police. A visit from a police officer will hopefully teach these little shits, and their parents, a lesson.

Ilovecaindingle Thu 26-Jan-17 16:13:17

Same boat. Saw the head last week and she is phoning all of the parents of the kids involved. I printed off screenshots of all the messuages. She said it isn't a required school policy as it wasn't in school hours but it is HER policy. . Waiting for the outcome.

Richie1Richie2 Fri 27-Jan-17 20:26:40

Thank you. I spoke to the head today who said it was very serious. Although protective of the school, they were very good in saying they will call in an independent advisor and if necessary involve the police. Either way, as a minimum the parents will be called and shown all the material (which they have asked for in electronic format) with their children. A decision will then be made on appropriate action. Refreshingly, they have chosen to include everyone who was on the group (as those who simply stand by and do nothing are guilty by association). Please do let me know how you get on.

Astro55 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:46:32

p (as those who simply stand by and do nothing are guilty by association)

I wish every school had this stance

ImperialBlether Sat 28-Jan-17 19:49:16

I don't really understand, OP - how are they sending messages if she's in a closed group?

I'm really glad the Head is taking action - your poor daughter.

Astro55 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:53:08

You can have open groups where anyone can post - or a closed group where only a select few can join

Let's say you set up a group as 'year 7 Class R'

Only that class can join - they share posts and comment etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now