Talk

Advanced search

9 month old suddenly refusing to bottle feed

(4 Posts)
Unicorn22 Fri 19-May-17 22:13:54

Hi all, I have been gradually weaning my nearly 10 month old off bf and onto bottle feeding. This initially was going well, with me replacing a feed with a bottle over a couple of weeks, and also I think due to food intake she naturally dropped a mid morning feed also.

Then all of a sudden, she has decided she was not going to bottle feeding anymore. I've tried using skippy cups/open top cups also to see if that would make any difference which it didn't. She won't have any milk now unless it's directly from the breast.

Any suggestions what I can do? I'm also worried now that my supply has reduced somewhat as I was only breastfeeding morning and couple times through the night when she did take the bottle.

Ta smile

nailslikeknives Fri 19-May-17 22:31:49

When my DS2 was 10months, he weaned himself off BF. I didn't worry about replacing it with a bottle. He was eating solids well, including plenty of dairy products for calcium. I keep milk (cows) as a breakfast drink - served in a 'fun' cup and water as the main drink for every other meal/snack.
He's v hail and hearty!
I'm not sure if that helps, just to say, the milk from BF doesn't need to be replaced by FF.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic Sun 21-May-17 12:50:33

Firstly, don't worry too much. It's not unusual for a baby being both bf and ff to chose one and reject the other outright. Are you still wanting to stop Bfing?

Don't worry about your supply either. By 9 months it will be well established. If she wants a feed your body will just produce it like it does at the other times she feeds smile

Kingseye123 Wed 24-May-17 15:22:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now