Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need more play ideas for 8 month old

(13 Posts)
catcatdelight Tue 08-Mar-05 20:30:09

Problem is, it's so cold and windy in March, and we've both been sick. Would normally go for a stroll when we get itchy, but being so housebound we are rotating between the Entertainer (baby walker), the Tippee toe Bouncer (doorway bouncer), reading books/singing, Peekaboo/pattycade, knocking down blocks and cubes, and the occasional Baby Mozart video (trying to limit). Just wondering if there's a brilliant game or toy that we could be trying. DS has been sitting up beautifully since 6 months, but not crawling, and prob. will not be for a while. Have had to cancel play dates/baby classes due to his cold.

Chuffed Wed 09-Mar-05 08:32:28

That sounds like loads. Pulling things out of stuff got my dd's vote (still does) maybe a paper bag with rattles and things, pot and wooden spoon.
I'm a bit stumped for extra ideas, you've covered all that i'd do.

TracyK Wed 09-Mar-05 08:38:29

go to a shopping mall - everyone stops to talk to a little baby and will entertain ds!

hermykne Wed 09-Mar-05 08:54:47

try the fisher price website it has a sectio on games you can play with all ages that use things from around the house, actually quite good

handlemecarefully Wed 09-Mar-05 08:59:38

Baby and Toddler groups - even babies this age enjoy them as they seem to get something out of watching the other babies and toddlers play and run around

Bozza Wed 09-Mar-05 09:08:52

I sit DD in front of the kitchen cupboard which contains all the plastic plates/bowls/cups for the kids and she enjoys emptying it. Sometimes blow bubbles in the kitchen and she follows them with her eyes and tries to catch them sometimes.

TBH my main entertainment device is her big brother.

Also unless his cold is really bad I would wrap him up well and take him for a quick stroll. And once he gets better try him on a swing - DD loves them!

jackeroo Wed 09-Mar-05 09:10:50

i know what you mean about being housebound due to weather and colds... sounds like you've got all the same stuff we have for our DS... i think the early learning centre seem to have a good range of toys: www.elc.co.uk

someone told me that you can get a mobile phone toy for babies which i think sounds great as they are always fascinated by them!

handlemecarefully Wed 09-Mar-05 09:17:46

Ooops didn't read your thread properly about you being housebound - so baby and toddler groups a naff suggestion...durrrrr!

Have you got some of those pop up toys (i.e. press various buttons and little animals etc pop up). Baby ds loves these. Might try and find a link for you

Bozza Wed 09-Mar-05 09:19:55

Also strip baby down to nappy, put a towel down on kitchen floor and put an inch of water in washing bowl along with safe kitchen items (seive, plastic spoon, measuring jug etc). Oh and supervise closely of course!

handlemecarefully Wed 09-Mar-05 09:28:41

baby toys

TracyK Wed 09-Mar-05 09:29:52

bozza - my ds has found this to be great fun - although he uses the dogs water bowl and gets his feet soaking!
He now thinks its funny and wants to do it every day!

handlemecarefully Wed 09-Mar-05 09:30:25

Under browse by category select 'baby toys' and then select 'activity toys'. The bruin popping piano is very good as is the fisher price pull up ball blast

catcatdelight Mon 14-Mar-05 09:59:13

handlemecarefully, which site are you referring to? thanks for the ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now