Talk

Advanced search

Think you've decided on a name? Check out where it ranks on the official list of the most popular baby names first.

Boys names like George

(17 Posts)
Baz13 Wed 11-Oct-17 12:18:02

What names are similar in style to George. My lovely pup is called George so can't use it, although I think it fits well with my other children's names which are Charlie, Tilly and Mabel.

My nephew is called James so that's out and my sister likes Henry if she were to have a boy. This was one of our choices if Mabel was a boy.

Bertie is a firm favourite for me and dh after my granpher- but feel there would be too many 'ee' ending names except Mabel's- is that a problem, odd one out- or do kids not care?

I also like Freddie, but one of my friends said none of us could use it if she was to have a boy- I like Frederick which is dh grandads name nn Freddie- but don't want to offend my friend. I also like Hugo but dh isn't a fan.

Just wondering what other names are similar to George-

Sugarpiehoneyeye Wed 11-Oct-17 12:40:41

Louis
Henry
Stanley
Sidney

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 11-Oct-17 13:15:41

Alexander.
Arthur
Edward
Michael
Thomas
Albert
Vincent
Louie
Francis

Hufflepuff719 Wed 11-Oct-17 13:19:34

Bertie is lovely and I don't think it would be a problem to have another 'e' name.

Other names you might like: Rowan, Alexander, Jack, Theo, Max.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 11-Oct-17 13:23:21

Thomas
Stephen
William
Gregory
Albert
Nathaniel
Robert

Tilapia Wed 11-Oct-17 13:24:33

Max
Benjamin

ChocolateCrunch Wed 11-Oct-17 14:04:22

Archie
Theo
Joseph
Rupert
Leo
Oscar

Sophronia Wed 11-Oct-17 14:13:13

Arthur
James
Luke
Jasper
Archie
Reuben
Finn
Harry
Jake
Joseph
Joshua
Leo
Miles
Noah
Oscar
Oliver
Seth
Jude
Ned
Kit
Jack
Thomas

Sophronia Wed 11-Oct-17 14:15:31

Ralph
Sam
Freddie
Louis
Max

BabyWilliam Wed 11-Oct-17 14:15:52

"but one of my friends said none of us could use it if she was to have a boy" she doesn't own the name Freddie, she is being ridiculous use frederick if its a family name an nn freddie.

pipilangstrumpf Wed 11-Oct-17 14:16:19

Edward
Albert
Theodore
Quentin
William
James

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 11-Oct-17 14:20:14

One of my friends said no one could use it.

I'm afraid I'd be using it out of pure and simple spite.
The fucking cheeky bitch.

Threeandabit Wed 11-Oct-17 14:44:30

Benjamin
Philip
Andrew

Gareth
Ferdinand nn Ferdie...Perhaps a nice alternative to Freddie
Adam
Christopher

Ross
Saul
Oliver
Antony

Minster2012 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:24:37

Agree with others saying use Freddie if you want it. I'm afraid if I were you and your friend commented after birth "but I wanted that name" then I'd be saying "DH & I thought many years ago we loved the name because of family connections but didn't want to mention it, we thought we'd just wait until we had a boy". Can't say fairer than that.

However, loving some of the suggestions above ...--wonders if she could convince OH into a little Ferdinand--

Minster2012 Wed 11-Oct-17 16:24:54

hmmstrike out fail!

Smoliver Wed 11-Oct-17 18:21:35

Maybe you could talk to your friend if you love Frederick that much? Explain that you'd be honouring your Granddad's name. If she's a good friend, she'd understand. Besides, she may end up not having a boy in the future or naming her boy something else. Would you really want to miss out on naming your son a name that you love because of this?

Alternatives names that I can think of are:

Alfred (Alfie/Freddie)
Wilfred (Wilf/Freddie)
Frank
Edward (Eddie)
Andrew (Andy/Drew)
Jack
Johnathan (John/Johnny)
Arthur (Artie)
Winston
Joseph
Oscar

bridgetreilly Thu 12-Oct-17 15:52:53

Eric
Gus
Harry
Jonas

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: