Talk

Advanced search

Outrageous Playroom Ideas

(14 Posts)
bethelbeth Wed 10-Aug-11 23:58:34

Repost from Chat but I thought that all the creative Mumsnetters might be a good port of call...

Righto,

I'm looking for inspiration for a bright, modern fun and individual playroom for dd. (Nearly 2)

Room is of a good size so contemplating indoor chute/play furniture but I clearly don't know where to look as everything I've found on google so far has been crap.

I'm quite up for themes and considering doing woodland

www.vertbaudet.co.uk/rug-green-medium-solid-with-desig.htm?ProductId=610143130&FiltreCouleur=6730&t=6

Love this rug from vertbaudet- its the right end of whimsical.

I have a funny feeling that i might have to get a bit crafty though.

All ideas greatly appreciated. Sometimes the sillier the better!

Bumperlicious Thu 11-Aug-11 08:53:57

Not many ideas myself but I really recommend a book called Cool Spaces for Kids with lots of tent/den ideas.

kellestar Thu 11-Aug-11 09:40:21

Could you make an indoor fort with a slide. Or a tree house. I have seen tons of cool ideas on pinterest.

chirpchirp Thu 11-Aug-11 11:22:29

How about something like this:
pinterest.com/pin/21948115/

bethelbeth Thu 11-Aug-11 16:18:06

Ooh I love that chirp chirp. Nice find

I love this also

www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/inspiration/an-over-the-top-wonderful-woodland-bedroom--149879

GetOutMyPub Thu 11-Aug-11 22:01:33

I really, really wanted to buy the DSs these bunkbeds, but unfortunatley our ceilings would have been too low. I have a catalogue and there are some amazing creations! They are shipped from Germany.

A while back on ebay, there was an amazing set up - the bed looked like/was the front (port??) of a big ship, complete with crows nest! They were also selling a door with porthole and various bits of furniture that I am all sure were made with reclaimed ship parts.

chirpchirp Fri 12-Aug-11 14:17:22

Now if we're talking bunkbeds GOMP I want this....

pinterest.com/pin/37786591/

Just need to get a bigger house, a substantial pay rise, oh yeah, and another child to require bunkbeds!

TimeWasting Fri 12-Aug-11 14:29:36

GOMP, they are gorgeous!

CherryMonster Sat 13-Aug-11 14:13:53

those beds are soooooo cool!!!!! my girls (and the boys) would adore them

CuttlefishDramas Sun 14-Aug-11 08:42:47

There's quite a few good ideas on this site.

bethelbeth Fri 19-Aug-11 01:13:35

I am going ahead with operation woodland forest and I've started making some large felt toadstool pouffes.

I'm going to get the little circular carpets in green from ikea and we're butchering a playframe from dobbies to make it fit/look more organic and woodlandy.

Trying to think of a way to make a fake tree that can run up the wall/across the ceiling and conceal the fittings for an indoor swing. Obviously fibreglass trees are quite hard to come by and I can't think of a suitable material to do it in otherwise. Any ideas?

overmydeadbody Fri 19-Aug-11 12:00:17

Oh I love those pictures on pinterest, I can spend hours looking through pinterest for dream home ideas! grin

Your playroom sounds awesome bethel, especailly with an indoor swing in it! No idea how to make fake trees apart from maybe using plaster on the wall to 'build' up a 3D tree trunk (on papier mache and modroc?) and then painting it? Actually yeah, the more I tihnk about it, the more papier mache seems the obvious choice!

Then you can plaster over the papier mache to seal it, then paint it like a tree trunk!

bethelbeth Fri 19-Aug-11 15:38:19

Thanks deadbody! (Feels weird writing that but I thought it was funny wink)

I had thought about papier mache but obviously it's not really durable= didn't think of the modroc/plaster combo. I shall start posting pictures on my profile of the mess creative process!

I'm tackling operation foam 'burrow' to go at the bottom of the tree this weekend. It will hide the structural beam for the swing and also be a cosy wee reading nook.

overmydeadbody Fri 19-Aug-11 15:40:07

lol

Wow, I can't wait to see pictures of the whole process.

You should start a blog to document all the stages and creative things you are doing for this playroom!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now