Talk

Advanced search

32 days to go until Brexit , which would you prefer ? No deal , the WA or revoke ? Which is best for the majority of the population of the UK ?

(347 Posts)
frumpety Mon 25-Feb-19 20:18:54

This is a genuine question , you can give an explanation or not for your choice, entirely up to you smile

My choice would be revoke, if I was considering the rest of the UK population. This does not mean that the UK can never leave the EU, but that those in charge would have to come up with solutions that were not detrimental to the majority of the population.

Iseesheep Mon 25-Feb-19 20:51:58

Revoke. Anything else is madness. But I thought than more than 2 years ago.

Reversiblesequinsforadults Mon 25-Feb-19 20:53:07

Revoke, but then I've always been a remainer. I do worry about people feeling disenfranchised though. A second referendum would have to be at least 60/40 to put it to bed, (which it should have been in the first place, imho)

KennDodd Mon 25-Feb-19 20:54:10

CU and SM Norway style option.

I know this leaves us with no say but if we revoked we'd just keep electing UKIP MEPs who deliberately set out to do as much damage as they can to our own interests so they can shit stir at home, we're better off without them.

FudgeBrownie2019 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:57:08

Revoke.

I understand that the initial decision will be held up by leavers as a democratic vote and I also understand that feathers will be ruffled if it's revoked. But why not revoke now and say "we can have another referendum in five years once the Leave group have come up with a formal plan to ensure we leave with our economy intact" and let the Leavers froth a little then go back to reading the Daily Mail and championing BoJo for PM.

If I voted for a new brand of chocolate bar to be released on the UK market which, once I'd voted for it, was revealed to contain 4 ounces of dogshit, I wouldn't say "hey, that's democracy" and leave it there. I'd do my level best to stop other consumers from eating the dogshit. And as vulgar and base as that comparison is, I don't see that Brexit is any different; there has been no proven gain to us leaving other than some misguided "getting our country back" belief for the neanderthals. Everyone else wants to revoke the shit chocolate bar and go back to eating a Twirl.

Kittykatmacbill Mon 25-Feb-19 20:57:19

Revoke. We will never recoup what we lost, all those jobs are gone, goodwill gone. It should be really obvious to everyone that we not being held back by the eu, instead we are being held together by it.

YeOldeTrout Mon 25-Feb-19 20:57:24

I suppose the combined majority either didn't vote (so don't care or can't understand eg children or dementia) or voted Remain and haven't changed mind, or voted Leave & have changed mind.

Since I'm sure economically, Remain is best option, I would say Revoke, both in terms of what people 'really want' and in terms of what's in best interests of UK.

WA is tolerable but it's a blind Brexit. The final deal could still be quite damaging.

CanILeavenowplease Mon 25-Feb-19 20:58:12

Revoke. Please , please, please let that happen.

bettybyebye Mon 25-Feb-19 20:59:07

Revoke

NicoAndTheNiners Mon 25-Feb-19 20:59:56

Revoke

Duckshead Mon 25-Feb-19 21:02:40

Revoke, OP you don't give confirmation referendum as a choice?

KennDodd Mon 25-Feb-19 21:04:06

Also, if we stayed in the SM and CU we could tell Leavers to stfu, you got what you voted for, we've left.

WhenISnappedAndFarted Mon 25-Feb-19 21:04:06

Revoke

TheWomanin12B Mon 25-Feb-19 21:05:45

Revoke.

All exits potentially lead to unrest now. I'd prefer to still be able to get food and medicine whilst the knuckle daggers fight amongst themselves.

TheWomanin12B Mon 25-Feb-19 21:07:10

*draggers, obvs.

Darkbendis Mon 25-Feb-19 21:07:37

Revoke.

ahtellthee Mon 25-Feb-19 21:08:58

Revoke.

I would love a second referendum though. I am hoping for that.

frumpety Mon 25-Feb-19 21:10:56

Duckshead I am sorry I didn't offer another referendum as an option, so in the interests of fair play I offer potential third referendum as another option , with two outcomes , remain or WA ?

bellabasset Mon 25-Feb-19 21:12:49

Revoke - no one voted for this situation

As Temperance says get on building the infrastructure, the lack of affordable homes for an increased population helped fuel the leave vote.

BoneyBackJefferson Mon 25-Feb-19 21:13:18

KennDodd
Also, if we stayed in the SM and CU we could tell Leavers to stfu,

What makes you think that this isn't what some leavers wanted?

hanahsaunt Mon 25-Feb-19 21:14:07

Revoke.

ValleyoftheHorses Mon 25-Feb-19 21:17:59

Revoke.
No deal is madness.

BlackLambAndGreyFalcon Mon 25-Feb-19 21:19:36

Revoke ideally, but anything but no deal/WTO rules.

Justheretogiveaviewfrommyworld Mon 25-Feb-19 21:19:42

Knuckle draggers -- these threads are always so lazy!! FFS. Leave then, leave now. I voted the way I did to express my annoyance with the patronising attitudes like this, from people who don't look outside of their own experience. My vote was absolutely nothing to do with immigration (contrary to popular remainer ignorance) I only live here because my Grandfather fled the Nazis. I just don't see why, the 26 countries remaining in the EU are the only ones worth 'getting into bed with' so to speak. Even Pro EU folk admit there are issues, so what's wrong with trying something new? It's only been 44 years since we joined, the earth was on its axis before and will be after.

I get that people are worried about change, but what I can't get is why they thought change would never ever happen? Something else could have blocked supply ect. What would have happened then? No country should be so dependent on any other that drinking water is in doubt, regardless of whether we are in the EU.

ChasedByBees Mon 25-Feb-19 21:23:42

Revoke

BoneyBackJefferson Mon 25-Feb-19 21:24:55

Justheretogiveaviewfrommyworld

Its just another thread where posters get to ask the same question in a slightly different way.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »