Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask what will actually happen on 29th March... Will we have John Snow narrating a countdown to armegedon? ?

(225 Posts)
drivinmecrazy Thu 21-Feb-19 23:01:08

Genuine question. How do you think the media will cover it?
Will it be a countdown and then lights out?
Will it be programming as normal?
Will radio be playing poignant tunes?
I'm personally hoping the likes of the Mash Report and Last Leg will be on air to see me through

leghairdontcare Thu 21-Feb-19 23:03:02

Channel 4 news Jon Snow or game of thrones Jon Snow?

NCforthis2019 Thu 21-Feb-19 23:04:27

??????

hottubhotties Thu 21-Feb-19 23:04:54

Hope its Jon Snow Game of Thrones

PrestonsFlowers Thu 21-Feb-19 23:06:24

Obviously there will be no television coverage because of Brexit and the internet will cease to function so there will just be total darkness and rioting

Iltavilli Thu 21-Feb-19 23:07:01

It won’t happen till 11pm on 29th so more likely the following few days. Should probably download some box sets in advance as standard tv will be pretty grim

Gormless Thu 21-Feb-19 23:07:18

I was half considering having some kind of ‘adieu to the eu’ party but it might be too depressing. My plan B is to drive round with the car windows down playing Ode to Joy at full volume and pelting passers by with olives and chorizo.

It would be fair to say I’m not taking brexit well.

Nomdejeur Thu 21-Feb-19 23:07:32

I can imagine Vera Lynne will be singing “we’ll meet again” over an old crackly wireless....
note to self, buy old crackly wireless

MightyAtlantic Thu 21-Feb-19 23:08:04

The royal baby will distract the media. wink

Rufusthebewilderedreindeer Thu 21-Feb-19 23:08:39

I am really hoping gormless lives near me

I think I'm destined to be disappointed mind

TokyoSushi Thu 21-Feb-19 23:11:11

I'd expect there'll be a fairly big deal, like election night with graphics and presenters a plenty, I wouldn't be surprised if they had Big Ben do the bongs like new year.

But if they could work it so the GoT Jon Snow did it, I think I'd would make it easier for everybody!

drivinmecrazy Thu 21-Feb-19 23:14:46

I'm hoping all the satirical programmes will take over the airwaves.
Personally I would love to see the Mash Report followed by the Last Leg.

Holidayshopping Thu 21-Feb-19 23:18:20

Then a Spitting Image revival!

Rubadublin Thu 21-Feb-19 23:18:37

Nothing will happen straightaway, I reckon. The changes will be pretty quick I think, mainly around bloody insane inflation, but I can’t see what will actually happen overnight.

(This is my insight based on my experience of being a housewife in the Home Counties, who watches question time occasionally. Please feel free to approach me anytime for other incisive political comment. grin)

drivinmecrazy Thu 21-Feb-19 23:21:52

Definitely no reference intended to "that" Jon snow. Sorry blush
I would choose a swing-o-meter anytime over whatever hell goes on in GOT.
Before anyone comment's I'm fully aware I am in the minority as DH and DC remind me!

Dragongirl10 Thu 21-Feb-19 23:23:06

RUBADUBLIN.........can you tell me why my computer randomly flashes and when it will behave please??!?

KennDodd Thu 21-Feb-19 23:28:02

Quite frankly I will be amazed if we don't have people fighting in the streets and rioting over Brexit, whichever way it goes.

BackforGood Thu 21-Feb-19 23:28:49

I remember here being this concern over the Century and Millennium changing from 31st December 1999 to 1st January 2000.
The doom mongers were saying that all computers would completely crash and the world would pretty much come to an end.
Turns out, none of that happened.

TokyoSushi Thu 21-Feb-19 23:32:41

But look at him OP! 😍😍😍😍

Sorry for derailing the thread!

megletthesecond Thu 21-Feb-19 23:32:53

Millennium Bug Brexit bingo 🥂.

wheresmymojo Thu 21-Feb-19 23:32:58

hmm The Y2K argument already. Nothing happened because thousands of people in IT worked on it for 18 months beforehand!!!

How do you think it was averted? Presumably we sprinkled Brexit unicorn shit over everything at ten to midnight?

I swear to god my head will implode the next time someone uses this argument!

Imperfectsusan Thu 21-Feb-19 23:34:14

OP I hope so. It'll provide some small comfort on a bleak day!

teaandgingercake Thu 21-Feb-19 23:37:24

The world will carry on, we’ll get by.

DippyAvocado Thu 21-Feb-19 23:39:57

I think there will have been some sort of extension, so probably just more of the same in-fighting!

Whatever way it goes, there's going to be a lot of unhappy people.

Couldn't be more different from Y2K - a known problem covering one specific area which had been jointly planned for by governments around the world with one outcome in mind- and nobody had to take Jacob Rees-Smug's view into account which would probably have been to revert to the abacus.

CaptainBrickbeard Thu 21-Feb-19 23:42:50

We’ll get by - stirring stuff! Nothing like aiming high. It will all feel so worth it, I’m sure!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »