Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit disappointed with boyfriends presents for me?

(153 Posts)
poppyflorrie Wed 28-Nov-18 09:14:20

Last night I was changing the bed and my boyfriend had hid my presents for Christmas in the blanket chest.
I am grateful but it's just the usual crap basically.
He's got my 2 fav bottles of perfume,a dressing gown,pair of slippers and a no7 skincare set.
It's the same thing pretty much every year.
I try and spice it up for him but he sticks to the same thing.
Aibu being a bit meh about them?

Ellisandra Fri 07-Dec-18 15:28:42

You think a motor racing experience is a good present, but I think that it’s just a dull and formulaic “present for him” as bloody perfume is “for her”!

I’d be more concerned that your dirty skank of a boyfriend thought the bed linen box a good place to hide presents a full month before Xmas. Doesn’t he change the sheets? envy

Seniorschoolmum Fri 07-Dec-18 15:29:25

Yabu. My ex used to be dismissive of the presents I bought him, although he could never suggest anything els. It just made me stressed & dislike Xmas.

cadburysflake Fri 07-Dec-18 15:38:00

Did you ask for something specific and he didn't buy it or are the relying on him being a mind reader? Unless you told him or gave him a v obvious clue I'd say his presents are nice. He got your favourite perfume not something you didn't like.

What were you anticipating?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »