Talk

Advanced search

IABU - I’ve just had a glass of wine

(135 Posts)
OuchLegoHurts Wed 06-Jun-18 19:22:30

No you're not back to square one. You're at the exact same point as someone who doesn't have a problem... One glass of wine is normal. Pour the rest of the bottle down the drain and eat something big and filling and yummy instead of having more. Then you have done absolutely no damage and you can carry on being teetotal tomorrow.

MatildaTheCat Wed 06-Jun-18 19:22:09

No, not all gone. Five months sober is five months sober. Well done for that. Sometimes we stumble, it does not mean we have given up.

Can you talk to someone in RL? or maybe post on one of the excellent support threads on here?

Best wishes. Empty the bottle away and move on.

FurryDice Wed 06-Jun-18 19:22:09

No you’re not back to square one. One day at a time, remember? If you don’t drink tomorrow you haven’t ruined all those 5 months of hard work.

Can you tip out the rest and get to a meeting?

Thehop Wed 06-Jun-18 19:21:50

Tip it out now. Don’t binge.

Have you got someone you can call?

hadenough Wed 06-Jun-18 19:21:37

It's just a blip, don't beat yourself up about it.

The important thing is you stay on track now, and don't let this block your progress. We all make mistakes and do things we regret, it's how you move on and the lessons you learn from it that are important.

BeeFarseer Wed 06-Jun-18 19:21:33

It's not all gone. You've done amazingly well. This is a blip. It doesn't have to be more than that.

Candlelight123 Wed 06-Jun-18 19:21:27

As PP said get rid of the rest of it down the sink immediately. Can you get in touch with your sponsor?

DaphneDiligaf Wed 06-Jun-18 19:21:26

You have admitted it on here. Can you stop at one? If so you aren't back to square one are you?

MaryPoppinsPenguins Wed 06-Jun-18 19:20:15

Tip it out. Can you go to a meeting?

Hiphopopotamus Wed 06-Jun-18 19:17:55

And I’m a recovering alcoholic. 5 months sober. All gone now like I’d never bothered. So here I am, back to square one

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »