Advanced search

To use Unstoppables in a wax warmer?

(28 Posts)
HannahHut Mon 12-Mar-18 21:34:18

I was wondering if anyone has tried putting those little laundry bead things in a wax warmer? I was thinking of having a go. I've put them in the hoover before (amazing) but not tried them like this.

Thesmallthings Mon 12-Mar-18 21:35:42

If heard that is really dangourouse can't remeber why but don't do it.

Will go find out why

emsyj37 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:36:22

I think I read a blog somewhere saying you could do this, but not tried it myself....
Just so you know, you can actually buy Unstoppables wax melts anyway so why risk it?

HannahHut Mon 12-Mar-18 21:37:46

To be honest, I have the little beads spare (don't use them in the dryer anymore because I was getting white spots where they stuck to clothes), that's why I wanted to try it. Plus the wax melts are super expensive! grin

LemonSqueezy0 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:39:39

I think people were doing that and it was causing chemical reactions as the beads aren't supposed to get that hot? Be careful if you do go ahead

ByAllMeansMoveAtAGlacialPace Mon 12-Mar-18 21:39:45

Aren't they meant to go in the wash rather than the dryer?

Haircutdilemma Mon 12-Mar-18 21:40:03

I thought they went in the washer rather than the dryer.

I have also heard somewhere that it is dangerous to melt them.

dawnc27 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:40:11

they dont go in the dryer, they go in the wash

CrazyDuchess Mon 12-Mar-18 21:40:25

Hannah, you know unstoppable are for the washing machine not the dryer?? Or do you have a combo machine?

emsyj37 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:40:25
Might have some info on here. They are marketed as Downy in the US but same product basically.

CrazyDuchess Mon 12-Mar-18 21:40:51

Lol massive xpost

HannahHut Mon 12-Mar-18 21:43:51

Sorry, I did mean washing machine! Haven't put them in the dryer don't worry!

I do like to put dryer sheets on my radiators and never had any problems with that.

Thesmallthings Mon 12-Mar-18 21:47:50

Dryer sheets are different though.

The arnt chemicals being heated to a high amount and youbdont breath in the chemicals that it gives off..

I wouldn't do it personally it's just not worth the risk.

I'd chuck some in some old tights and put in drawers though.

IlikemyTeahot Mon 12-Mar-18 23:28:24

I dilute them as room spritz...lush

Idontevencareanymore Mon 12-Mar-18 23:34:46

They're not designed to be inhaled. They've brought out a wax melts range and an air freshener range. I'd use though and keep the beads for what they're designed for. Washing.

FrozenMargarita17 Mon 12-Mar-18 23:48:16

Off topic but in response to your update - I had the same problem with little waxy dots all over the clothes! I don't use them any more !!

Coulddowithanap Mon 12-Mar-18 23:49:27

I'm quite sure they are a fire hazard.. I remember reading something on Facebook about not to put them in wax melts a while ago.

If you want cheap wax melts then try wilkos, even Asda had proper yankie candle melts for £2.50 for pack of 6 the other day. Better using something designed to be in a melt.

sazza76 Tue 13-Mar-18 00:27:17

I wouldn't burn them, lots of things give off nasty chemicals when burnt and without knowing for sure it's not worth the risk. I do like the idea of putting some in the hoover thoughsmile

Ollivander84 Tue 13-Mar-18 00:44:05

Not safe. If you get decent wax tarts, you can burn and burn them for ages and they're good value for money. I can recommend a site but she only restocks on a Friday at 7pm and it's very much fastest finger first! But she does some great laundry type scents, I'm burning lenor fresh at the minute

PeanutButterLips Tue 13-Mar-18 00:54:40

Wax melts aren't super expensive OP.
I buy a pack of 6 or 9 cubes for £1.
The home inspiration by Yankee candle.
All found in pound shops.

Rockerfeller Tue 13-Mar-18 02:03:46

I think it's toxic to burn them- I wouldn't want to risk it when you can these instead

salsmum Tue 13-Mar-18 02:13:23

Not burnt them but pop them in the hoover.

WinonaIsHot Tue 13-Mar-18 15:52:38

I think they’re extremely flammable and toxic when burnt so please don’t do it.

MessyBun247 Tue 13-Mar-18 15:55:48

Do not burn them! They give off toxic chemicals and can go up in flames. They are designed to be used in washing machines only.

As someone else said, you can get proper wax melts that are scented like the unstoppables. Buy those instead smile

longtompot Tue 13-Mar-18 16:02:30

If they are scented balls of wax then I can't see why melting them (as you don't burn them in a wax melter) would be any different to using a scented wax tart from Yankee etc. All scented candles are meant to be used in an aired room anyway as they all give off toxic fumes. You could always add a bit of water so it dilutes it a bit.
I have never bought them as I couldn't see the appeal, but if they work in hoovers then I shall have to go and have a sniff next time I am shopping. Any prefered smells?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now