Talk

Advanced search

To stamp my tiny foot? (parking related)

(11 Posts)
secrettobleroneeater Fri 09-Feb-18 12:20:00

I know how much you all like a parking thread at the end of a busy week smile
Bit of background, neighbours have got the builders in, and they've been a tad cheeky about parking on my driveway. I own the bit of drive that my neighbours and I use to access each of our houses, and they own the bit that's directly in front of their house (where the van's parked). On Monday the builders knocked and asked if they could block the drive for a couple of hours for a delivery, and I said yes OK. They then left their van parked over the access for the rest of the day. Was very tempted to go and have a quiet word but resisted the temptation halo
Caved in yesterday when they were yet again parked on my drive (but not actually blocking me in) and said I was OK for them to park one van on my drive, but no more than one. They did the usual foot shuffling and "didn't know it was your drive" bit, and I thought that it would all be fine.
So today I go outside and see this!! (just to explain, finger in front of the car was to obscure the number plate but didn't notice the builder's plate was still visible grin)
AIBU to go and ask them to move? There's enough space for the Bmer to park on neighbours bit, they only need to pull forward a bit?? So parking where they have is just a bit of CheekyF**kery isn't it??
Only thing is, am not sure if car is Mr Neighbour's brother... but Mr Neighbour moves his car to the road every day so possibly not?

QueenOfAccidentalDeathStares Fri 09-Feb-18 12:21:40

Just loving your photo editting skills grin

Notevilstepmother Fri 09-Feb-18 12:24:11

I think as you can get in and out and you don’t need the space that you should probably live and let live, it’s temporary while the builders are in and it the neighbourly thing to do.

UpstartCrow Fri 09-Feb-18 12:26:15

I like the photobomb finger <misses point of thread>

secrettobleroneeater Fri 09-Feb-18 12:34:29

Brilliant UpstartCrow, wish I had your photo-editing skills!

Bluelady Fri 09-Feb-18 12:38:28

It it wasn't inconveniencing me I really wouldn't bother. Life's to short.

usualGubbins Fri 09-Feb-18 12:41:11

Oh it's a finger..... totally misses the point

SoupDragon Fri 09-Feb-18 12:42:49

I agree with those that say dont bother. This is something I would seethe about but, if it didn’t actually inconvenience me, I’d let it go for the sake of neighbourly relations.

awankstainonhumanity Fri 09-Feb-18 12:43:29

If it isn't stopping you going about your daily business, for the sake of neighbourly relations I'd leave it (but be pissed off).

Sweetpea55 Fri 09-Feb-18 12:57:01

Why don't you park cross ways on your drive,,then they cant get in,,or on an angle in the middle

GabsAlot Fri 09-Feb-18 13:05:15

sorry to be thick which end is the actual road

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now