Talk

Advanced search

Drunk baby's dad asleep on my floor!

(39 Posts)
Mrsdropdeadfred Mon 24-Jul-17 05:39:26

Woken at 4 this morning to Dds dad ringing saying that he's in the area, just about to walk outside my house and can he pop in. Being half asleep and fucking stupid I let him in and didn't realise how drunk he was until he got in the front room.
He had a bit of a natter with baby dd, staring talking gibberish at me then passed out on the living room floor hmm
I've been trying to wake him for the past hour, he pretty much has his head wedged between an armchair and the wooden toy storage so I can't really even try to move him. My older kids will be up soon and the last thing I want them to see is their little sisters dad passed out, snoring and randomly shouting out bollocks.
Would ibu to go mental at him when he finally sobers up? And any tips on shifting a pissed up 15st bloke before 6.30 would be appreciated

lottiegarbanzo Mon 24-Jul-17 07:39:30

How old is dd? A very young baby? Are you usually up with her at 4am? Otherwise I don't understand how much help he can be with a sleeping baby at 4am.

Visits by arrangement only in future. No drunkenness.

ShowMeWhatYouGot Mon 24-Jul-17 07:43:27

Oh god! Just woke up, didn't read the title properly and thought you that you had a drunk baby! What a different thread that would have been!

Hope you & your kids are not to traumatized by this mans behavior x

WashingMatilda Mon 24-Jul-17 08:02:56

thought you had a drunk baby
She does, tbf.

WhoreOfBabyliss Mon 24-Jul-17 08:04:05

Pillow over face. Armchair over pillow. grin

Steeley113 Mon 24-Jul-17 09:02:18

You let a drunk man near your baby at 4am?

MrsMoastyToasty Mon 24-Jul-17 09:05:32

Get the children to jump on him.

everythingissoblinkinrosie Mon 24-Jul-17 10:04:27

Is he the abusive ex? Or is that a different one?
Hope it worked out all right.
Never. Do. This. Again.

kalinkafoxtrot45 Mon 24-Jul-17 10:07:27

Do your children have any musical instruments? It might be a lovely idea for them to wake him up with a little concert.

lynmilne65 Mon 24-Jul-17 10:56:09

aqua. gringringringringringrin

MissionItsPossible Mon 24-Jul-17 14:36:31

Glad you are safe but what on earth are you thinking letting anybody in your house at 4 o'clock in the morning?

Rednailsandnaeknickers Mon 24-Jul-17 14:47:21

Ffs, the police are not some kind of "personal fix every minor irritating problem in your life" service!!!! No fucking wonder my mates in the force get all their leave cancelled and work insane shifts if this is the kind of ridiculous crap they get called out to and have to do the paperwork for. He's just asleep drunk, no evidence of violence or distressing the OP?

Obviously if he was turning abusive/aggressive to her, absolutely phone them then but don't waste their time!

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 24-Jul-17 15:14:28

There is a drunk man in her house who either refuses to leave or is unconscious and can't leave. It's either a police matter or a medical matter.

Possibly if people weren't so oblivious to alcohol abuse, people would see how unacceptable this is.

And your mates in the force get their leave cancelled because of poorly management and underfunding caused by political bullshit, not because someone called 101 about a drunk in their house. No one said 999.

BlahBlahBlahEtc Mon 24-Jul-17 15:18:41

You made The Sun this morning...

KimmySchmidt1 Mon 24-Jul-17 15:21:10

dont call the police ffs - its bad enough having a random bloke as one your kid's parents without making him a criminal baby daddy.

and what, pray tell, is the offence he has committed?

it sounds like the sort of thing girls do when they are teenagers to let in a drunk ex at 4.30am. Just try and grow up in future, and if the dad can't be a grown up, then you will have to.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: