Talk

Advanced search

Toothbrush down the toilet

(29 Posts)
KindergartenKop Fri 10-Mar-17 20:05:07

While brushing my 4 year old's teeth today he told me (laughing) that when his grandad was looking after him on Tuesday, my electric toothbrush got knocked off the sink and into the toilet! Apparently grandad did wash it. Aibu to be annoyed?

Sparklingbrook Fri 10-Mar-17 20:08:19

What are you annoyed about exactly?

KindergartenKop Fri 10-Mar-17 20:10:19

Nobody told me! I'd have replaced the head!

helpimitchy Fri 10-Mar-17 20:10:45

How clean is your toilet?

Wolfiefan Fri 10-Mar-17 20:10:50

Just the head? I would get a whole new toothbrush! shock

KindergartenKop Fri 10-Mar-17 20:19:43

Toilet might have just been cleaned because the cleaner comes on a Tuesday morning. Or it hadn't been cleaned for exactly 7 days....

gamerchick Fri 10-Mar-17 20:21:27

Your toilet only gets cleaned once a week?

PuppyMonkey Fri 10-Mar-17 20:23:38

How did he clean it - the toothbrush not the toilet? grin

ShotsFired Fri 10-Mar-17 20:23:51

Well, was it full of poo and wee, or just clean water?
Are you dead yet?

If the latter and you are still alive, I can't really see a problem? You've probably put far worse things in your mouth courtesy of your hands touching other things like your 4 y.o's hands

Crumbs1 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:25:33

More bugs on door handles and coins than average loo. It's clean water, hardly an issue.

Screwinthetuna Fri 10-Mar-17 20:25:53

Gamechick, what's wrong with only cleaning your toilet once a week? Ours doesn't even get a weekly clean blush
Yea, I'd be pretty annoyed about my toothbrush in the toilet. Although, when I was a teenager, my little brother and sister decided it would be hilarious to rub my toothbrush inside the toilet and under the seat. They didn't rinse it and I used it and didn't get sick. Oh and my mum barely ever cleaned that toilet as it was my en suite I'm guessing it went 2 months between cleans blush

KindergartenKop Fri 10-Mar-17 20:26:47

I think he rinsed the toothbrush.

My other toilet gets more use and is cleaned more often.

I am alive. Maybe I'll just keep using it.

My 4yo has clean hands ONLY because he never wipes his bum after going to the toilet.

sherazade Fri 10-Mar-17 20:35:38

Only on mumsnet you see, is stuff going down the toilet absolutely fine because your toilet is meant to be pristine at any given time. I'd be revolted, OP.

luckylucky24 Fri 10-Mar-17 20:42:48

This is gross. I would be having a word with Grandad.

PuntCuffin Fri 10-Mar-17 20:46:23

I wouldn't be able to use it. Head would have to be changed and handle thoroughly wiped off with antibacterial cleaner.

And my loo only gets cleaned once most weeks because life is too short to waste it on cleaning. I come from a long line of robustly healthy, allergy free household slatterns.

Meowstro Fri 10-Mar-17 20:52:30

shock Urghh! I'd absolutely hate that. I would tell someone if I accidentally did it so they can make their mind up on what to do about it. So gross.

ArmySal Fri 10-Mar-17 20:54:28

Eww, no, I'd find that revolting.

ImaginaryCat Fri 10-Mar-17 20:58:25

Pahahahaha at someone clutching their pearls over a toilet 'only' being cleaned once a week.

DJBaggySmalls Fri 10-Mar-17 21:01:22

YANBU to be annoyed he didnt tell you.

BluebellsareBlue Fri 10-Mar-17 21:04:45

OP I'm gagging at the thought! YANBU if he didn't tell you!! Bleurgh!!!

foxyloxy78 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:05:27

I am sorry that is beyond gross and you need to talk to Grandad. hmm why did he not just tell you. A quick rinse will hardly kill off the germs.

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 10-Mar-17 21:08:01

If it's close enough to the loo to fall in it'll already have poo germs on it anyway from toilet aerosol

gamerchick Fri 10-Mar-17 21:10:44

at someone clutching their pearls over a toilet 'only' being cleaned once a week

I'm not clutching anything hmm it's not me sitting in it/touching it. im sure it smells yummy.

sanityisamyth Fri 10-Mar-17 21:12:17

My sister (when she was about 10) shat her pants ... and I found her scrubbing them with my mother's toothbrush. She said she'd done if before and got away with it just by washing the brush under the tap. This was in the days before electric brushes. Was revolting. I snitched on her ... blushblushblush

Etymology23 Fri 10-Mar-17 21:19:42

Can you dishwash the head? Or just change it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now