Talk

Advanced search

Premier Inn Goodnight Guarantee

(47 Posts)
ChristmasEvePJs Mon 27-Feb-17 10:44:15

I stayed at a new Premier Inn the other week. There were multiple 'teething problems' with the hotel such as tepid water, cold room, no sheet (only mattress protector) on the fold out bed, builders hammering and banging at 7.45am etc.

Having never claimed on the goodnight guarantee on any of our previous (multiple) stays I emailed customer services. Thus far I have only had a standard response initially then seven days later a quick email saying they would get the hotel to look into it. Now five days on again I called, spoke to a lovely lady at customer services but then unannounced she passed me to the hotel where the woman was quite short with me and said they were looking into my complaint and investigating the validity. She said I will get back to you...

AIBU to think it doesn't take 13 days to look into a very simple complaint?

TheNaze73 Mon 27-Feb-17 10:45:53

I think that's a disgrace. It shouldn't take that long

WhatHaveIFound Mon 27-Feb-17 10:48:59

I've found it always best to complain at the time. Did you mention the problems to reception when you checked out?

We had similar problems at a Premier Inn (a few years ago) and they refunded our money immediately.

pinkunicornsarefluffy Mon 27-Feb-17 10:49:21

I've only complained once but did it before we left and the refunded the money immediately. (The shower didn't work).

My friend complained after being kept awake by noisy guests. She got an immediate refund too.

It shouldn't take this long to reply but I would always complain at the time as it's easier for them to check your complaint.

TheFairyCaravan Mon 27-Feb-17 10:50:23

When I claimed under the goodnight guarantee they refunded my card there and then at the hotel reception.

DS2 and I stayed in a Premier Inn the night before one of his uni interviews. They were refurbishing it. It was a nightmare for me, because I'm disabled. The heating was stuck on high, we couldn't open the window because it was on a main road and the shower was barely warm. When I told the receptionist he looked at me as if to say "oh god! Not another one!"

Fitzsimmons Mon 27-Feb-17 10:52:26

I complained last summer by email and it did take about two weeks for them to investigate but I did get a refund.

ChristmasEvePJs Mon 27-Feb-17 10:53:40

We didn't outright complain at the hotel but I did ask if anything could be done to increase the water temp (teething problems), room temp (teething problems), sheet for the bed (its supposed to be like that), again a sheet for the bed (teething problems), hammering (oh, did that wake you?)...

I think you get the theme. I can only assume it is due to being a brand new hotel, we stayed in the opening week, however I really do expect better from such a large chain and have had much better stays in the past.

Glad I am not being unduly grumpy about this.

OptimisticSix Mon 27-Feb-17 10:54:50

I complained twice after two nights (in two different hotels) with no sleep and got my money back quickly but like others have said I did it on check out.

ProfYaffle Mon 27-Feb-17 10:57:44

I'm really shocked. We only ever claimed the goodnight thing once. We filled in online feedback and mentioned a minor thing that went wrong but explained staff dealt with it and we were happy. They refunded the cost of the night to our credit card without us even asking for it!

Can't believe they're being so slow. Customer service is one of the things PI does really well (we stay with them a lot) I'll be dismayed if this is beginning to change.

ChristmasEvePJs Mon 27-Feb-17 11:00:59

We stay with them a lot too Prof and genuinely rate them as a whole, I think that's why I am so annoyed this time. Have another few nights booked over easter and our pre/post flight stays for our summer holiday too.

Hulababy Mon 27-Feb-17 11:06:51

I think the system tends to work best if you tell then there and then before check out. They're normally very quick to refund then from what people I know have said.

popcornpaws Mon 27-Feb-17 11:07:02

I have complained to them before when i have not had the good nights sleep they guarantee, always do it when you check out though as they refund it there and then.

trixymalixy Mon 27-Feb-17 11:10:26

We stayed in one at manchester airport. There were kids in the room above us jumping about until after midnight. We were getting up for a really early flight and complained several times to reception who could get no answer at the door whenever they knocked.

When we checked out they refunded our costs without us even asking.

I think your error was not asking for a refund at the time.

dataandspot Mon 27-Feb-17 11:13:22

You don't have to complain at the time although it's probably makes things easier. Their terms and conditions say you have 7 days after checking out to contact them and use the guarantee.

bigearsthethird Mon 27-Feb-17 11:13:40

I think you have to do it at the hotel when leaving. I had to once as we didnt sleep due to a bug infestation -yuk - and next morning when leaving I mentioned it and they just refunded me straight away.

Its a bit like a meal I guess, you can't eat it, leave the restaurant and then ring up a couple days later to complain and expect a refund

2014newme Mon 27-Feb-17 11:14:07

If you tell them at the time they will refund immediately

Notso Mon 27-Feb-17 11:35:58

Once we complained on check out and were refunded straight away and given free breakfast.
Another time there was a child's bed missing from our room and by the time it was found DC were already asleep top and tailing. We all slept well so weren't going to complain but on checkout were refunded and again got free breakfast.

Littlejayx Mon 27-Feb-17 11:57:42

I used to work at premier inn on reception, If you would have said so there and then I would have refunded you straight away.

It becomes more difficult after your stay because accounts close off and things have to be authorized by head office, so it does take longer but they will get back to you.

Littledrummergirl Mon 27-Feb-17 12:06:15

I love premier inn. I've travelled to many events throughout England with my dc as they compete in their sport and I know that we will have a good night 19/20 times. On the one occasion we didn't they refunded in full on checkout.

LongtimeLurkerNowPokemonHunter Mon 27-Feb-17 12:19:16

I complained at the time and got a refund. (boiling room, city centre so windows didn't open, painfully hot all night)

DonkeyOaty Mon 27-Feb-17 12:21:11

Mmmm premier Inn breakfast flapjack <irrelevant>

ChristmasEvePJs Mon 27-Feb-17 16:35:46

Perhaps I should have complained as we left but I had already mentioned the issues and no one said anything about a refund. I only looked up the terms when we were home and saw I could email within seven days, I did so the day after we checked out.

blackteasplease Mon 27-Feb-17 16:36:42

I've had my money back from them straight away and it wasn't even the whole night that was disturbed.

user1487450864 Mon 27-Feb-17 16:46:54

I complained when we checked out this morning as it was THE most uncomfortable bed we have ever slept in - I now have an extremely sore shoulder & am hanging from the lack of sleep. We average a hotel every 10 days (quite often prem inns). Also complained at £10 per car for parking - we had to go in two.

Reception just said sorry so I have emailed this afternoon.

BusyBeez99 Mon 27-Feb-17 17:14:46

I've always complained on the spot. And always got a refund

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now