Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to want to rant about being ill?

(14 Posts)
Nicebucket Wed 23-Dec-15 21:24:10

I was diagnosed with tonsillitis today. I've been sooooooo unwell these past three days. Fever went over 39 degrees. Body ache, dizziness, chills, headaches and sore throat.

I feel hideous.

And I. Feeling very sorry for myself right now. I know there are people with bigger problems, but I think it's so rubbish that I had to get this annoying thing just before the holidays.

All my Christmas plans are ruined. I can't go shopping on Boxing Day with my mates. I can't even commit to a New Years plan.

I seriously want to cry.

catfordbetty Wed 23-Dec-15 21:27:28

There will be more Christmases and more New Years. Put 2014 down as the one that got away.

catfordbetty Wed 23-Dec-15 21:28:17

2015! (Too much wine.)

BlueJug Wed 23-Dec-15 21:29:47

Wise advice catfordbetty

Bad luck OP. Make a virtue of necessity and give in to Xmas tv on the sofa

Nicebucket Wed 23-Dec-15 21:29:47

Im finally in the same city as my friends after 5 years. And I can't celebrate with them. To add to that, I feel absolutely rubbish. Everything hurts...

AmpleRaspberries Wed 23-Dec-15 21:31:50

I got tonsillitis for the first time last year. It was horrendous. I've never felt so ill, so you have my sympathy.

However, once I got antibiotics I started feeling better surprisingly quickly so you may still get your new year

poocatcherchampion Wed 23-Dec-15 21:32:27

Can I join you on the pity bench?

I've got a 9 week old, a c section wound that won't close and now mastitis on both sides in spite of having wound in antibiotics since Friday.

Also my baby has a horrid cough and cold, the three yo had sickness and the 2yo had diahorrea. We are housebound and have missed out on most Xmas acitivites where help would be.

Dh is run ragged.

Its a bit crap.

Nicebucket Wed 23-Dec-15 21:34:10

I've started my antibiotics today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Poocatcher- oh dear! You're way worse off than I am. Sending you good wishes! flowers

poocatcherchampion Wed 23-Dec-15 21:42:10

Sorry op I should havecsentvgood wishes to you instead if just piling in with my woes.

Fc the antibis get you sorted asap flowers

Nicebucket Wed 23-Dec-15 23:21:28

Poocatcher- thank you! And it's absolutely ok if you want to rant here. What you're going throu sounds awful. Wishing you and your babies well.

FlatOnTheHill Wed 23-Dec-15 23:31:14

Not unreasonable at all. Christmas is once a year and we all have plans we are looking forward to. So many people not well at the moment. Ive been off work today laying on sofa. Get better soon OP

catfordbetty Thu 24-Dec-15 07:32:54

Wise advice catfordbetty

Thank you!

Figmentofmyimagination Thu 24-Dec-15 10:18:47

Me too! My Christmas present was a weekend trip to the Berlin Christmas markets - was so looking forward, but the day we set off I started to go down with a cold (big guilt re my co-passengers) and by the time I flew back 2 days later, both ears were blocked and the whole weekend wasted. Now still v poorly, on day 3 of antibiotics feeling v sorry for myself - one ear still blocked. House is a big mess, no Christmas cards posted, no last minute shopping, serious 'present disparity' between my two teenage children - one getting 18 pairs of sports socks - which would have been funny had I augmented her presents as planned...the other getting some beautiful Heidi Klum bras I picked up months ago in a sale. A few other bits and pieces but not much. My best Christmas present would be clear ears for tomorrow. It's amazing how it makes you feel so low. I do know others are far worse off than me - but still feel really sorry for myself. Yesterday the weather was so lovely, and I was off work, on the sofa watching old DVDs. Mind you I did watch 'it's a wonderful life' for the first time, and that cheered me up a bit. What a lovely Christmas film.

rumbleinthrjungle Thu 24-Dec-15 11:32:38

Another one for the pity party here. One chronic illness with compromised immune system and a virus that won't leave. I managed to get the cake done last night but feeling lousy this morning and can't face looking at food of any kind. Gifts still unwrapped and I am cooking tomorrow. Joy. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now