Talk

Advanced search

to hairdryer myself?

(70 Posts)
JumboFuckingJet Mon 21-Sep-15 14:46:26

Regular poster, name changed in case this outs me. ??Following a conversation today in the office about the program First Dates where that daft woman admitted to blow drying her "nunn", I said that sometimes in the winter I blow dry myself when I am drying my hair. Not my fanjo, I hasten to add, I just sometimes get cold so a blast of warm air down my dressing gown warms me up. My office now think I'm ridiculous. confused??So, AIBU to blow dry myself? Does anyone else?! <hopeful>

Notasinglefuckwasgiven Mon 21-Sep-15 14:48:33

I've blasted my hands and feet ( Raynauds Syndrome ) plenty of times to get the warmth into them. Not weird at all.

AlpacaLypse Mon 21-Sep-15 14:50:23

I use the hairdryer on the bits that seem to take forever otherwise. Between toes, backs of knees.. and hairy parts smile!

ouryve Mon 21-Sep-15 14:51:45

I often blast myself all over with a hairdryer after a bath.

MrFYC Mon 21-Sep-15 14:54:32

I did it when the boiler packed in and could only have cold showers. In December. In a house with no heating either. Hair dryer was a blessed relief at that point smile

Poledra Mon 21-Sep-15 14:55:20

'Tis obligatory in this house to direct the hairdryer down the jammies of small people whilst drying their hair. Don't actually do it to myself though.

Notthecarwashagain Mon 21-Sep-15 14:56:54

This is an odd thing to stick in my mind, but I remember seeing Anne Diamond doing that on CBB years ago!

You're definitely not alone (or unreasonable!)

addictedtosugar Mon 21-Sep-15 14:58:18

Yep, I would, and do, do this.
Hairdryer also great for drying off athletes foot....

And the kids think it's hilarious!!

monkeysox Mon 21-Sep-15 15:00:03

It's very hygienic rather than using a towel
When my dad was alive my mum for d him using her hairdryer af ter showering. It's great for people who can't bend much too.

CrystalQueen Mon 21-Sep-15 15:03:03

My husband once lived in a flat with no heating. We used to regularly hairdryer the bed to warm it up before we got in.

laffymeal Mon 21-Sep-15 15:19:51

My dh does this.

mrsleomcgary Mon 21-Sep-15 15:25:00

My uncle-in-law doesn't dry himself after a bath or shower, he stands in the bedroom stark bollock naked while his wife dries him with a hair drier.

You don't want to know why i know that.

So no, you aren't weird!

MaidOfStars Mon 21-Sep-15 15:26:30

I dry my husband.

Teenwolf

BitOutOfPractice Mon 21-Sep-15 15:26:33

Wasn't there a thread a while back about someone's OH spending an hour, twice a day, blow drying himself all over?

TheThreeCheesesOfTheApocalypse Mon 21-Sep-15 15:29:13

Currently sat in bed with my legs up making a 'tent' and my hairdryer blasting the warm in blush
Have done this for years.

Twowrongsdontmakearight Tue 22-Sep-15 02:58:36

Excellent idea. I don't know why I didn't think of it!

Mombino Tue 22-Sep-15 04:44:38

YANBU! I do it all the time, blast myself with a hairdryer for warmth. So much quicker, easier and more effective than a hot water bottle.

JumboFuckingJet Tue 22-Sep-15 05:03:16

Thank you for reassuring me that I'm not a complete weirdo! grin I knew I couldn't have been the only one to do this!

Bulbasaur Tue 22-Sep-15 05:39:14

shock I've never thought of doing this before. Perhaps when it get cold out and getting out of the warm shower is torture I'll try it one day.

U2HasTheEdge Tue 22-Sep-15 05:40:33

I tried it a few times to see if it helped with thrush.

It didn't work.

Trumpton Tue 22-Sep-15 06:46:00

Years ago I stayed in a Formula 1 hotel in France and the shower ( not en-suite ) had a hot air system for drying you. No towels supplied at all. One had to get into some strange positions to dry ones fanjo !

ivykaty44 Tue 22-Sep-15 07:10:47

So why were hand dryers invented if its ridiculous to blow hot air on a part of the body?

pebbletime Tue 22-Sep-15 07:48:17

After my c-sec I was advised to dry the scar with a hairdryer.

I think it is a hygienic and efficient way to dry hard to reach bits.

MrsTedCrilly Tue 22-Sep-15 07:53:14

I love doing this! So nice in winter smile I think your colleagues are weird for finding something so normal "weird"..

Blueberrymuffint0p Tue 22-Sep-15 07:54:00

Before I start blow drying my hair I hairdryer my slippers-ahhhhh, heaven. Then I give myself a blast up my pj top-only in the winter though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now