Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why Autoglass can claim such a high customer satisfaction rating

(16 Posts)
LarrytheCucumber Sat 23-May-15 08:35:50

DH rang Autoglass last Friday to get his windscreen repaired. They told him someone would be there yesterday morning and that they would ring an hour before arrival.
One o'clock yesterday no-one had come so he rang up. They said no appointment had been booked for yesterday. Aaargh. We had made sure someone was in, moved the car to a suitable position etc.
They said someone would ring back within two hours and that they would sort it out.
Two hours passed. No phone call. He rang again. They said they had tried to contact us on Wednesday. He had received no phone call, no message and if there was no appointment booked (which they claim, why were they calling us?) Again they said they would sort it out and ring us back.
Eventually I rang and the chap said he would 'look into it'. I wouldn't let him go without giving me another appointment which is next Saturday! He promised an email confirmation within 24 hours and that he would report it to the customer services team who will 'Contact us'.
Two weeks will have passed before we can have the repair, if they actually turn up. Our insurance company only deal with Autoglass.
This is the second time we have used them in two years and last time was just as bad.
Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me?

LaLaLaaaa Sat 23-May-15 08:41:07

Go on their Facebook page and complain. Not only did they sort out appointment straight away when I did this, they sent me vouchers worth £30 to apologise

lionheart Sat 23-May-15 08:41:45

Is it because you are calling them yourselves? I only had one recent experience of this but my insurance details included a line to ring for windscreen replacement--I called it instead of auto-glass directly and they arranged the date/time for me with the glass company.

They are more likely to pay attention to the insurance company than the individual caller is my guess (although it shouldn't be like this).

Ranting on twitter about poor customer service sometimes gets a result.

Sirzy Sat 23-May-15 08:43:31

I agree with complaining higher.

But I have to say the two experinces I have had with auto glass have been very positive ones. But even the best companies will have blips.

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Iggi999 Sat 23-May-15 08:44:44

That's awful. I've only had cause to use them once and it was completely straight forward. Sounds like a massive series of cock-ups you've experienced! Keep on at them.

ButterflyUpSoHigh Sat 23-May-15 16:42:23

We had similar from them messing us around. In the end we drove to their depot and they did it while we waited.

cuntyMcCunterson Sat 23-May-15 17:20:47

My sister had much the same problem with them. Took 3.5 weeks to get her windscreen fixed, someone came out after a week (first available appointment) to be told that he couldn't do it there and then as her car is a convertible hmm then they couldn't fit her in for another week but they cancelled that appointment for some ridiculous reason, then eventually fixed it. Her complaints fell on deaf ears too!

TimeforaDietCoke Sat 23-May-15 17:27:50

We had a really poor experience with Autoglass recently. It took a month to get an appointment and they've closed a number of branches so the closest one we could go to for an earlier appointment was an hour and a quarter's drive away!

LarrytheCucumber Sat 23-May-15 17:36:13

According to the man I spoke to since January they have been closing their branches so thst isn't an option.
The number is direct from the insurance company website.
Surprise surprise Customer Services have not got back to us today.

Charlieboo30 Sat 23-May-15 17:38:44

We had no problems with them turning up but found the mans attitude terrible. Constantly advising us that we should really get a new windscreen - it's the tiniest chip. I'm also not impressed with the job either really and we went through insurance.

custardismyhamster Sat 23-May-15 17:43:08

I used to work in insurance, so I know about this one. Your insurance company only deal with autoglass in the same way they only deal with their approved garages-they can only be directly billed by autoglass. However, you as the customer can get your windscreen (or window) fixed wherever you like. The catch is, if it's not autoglass you will need to pay for the repair yourself then send the insurance company the bill. They will get an engineer to check the cost is reasonable and will then send you a cheque for the repair cost minus your excess (if you have one)

Your insurer may not tell you this as they will have a relationship with autoglass that means they get some money for every customer they send to them, however read your policy booklet and it will say this in there.

Hope this helps. I'd be ringing autoglass to ask how much the repair will cost and then id be getting someone else to fix it, if I were you! Autoglass are crap anyway.

LarrytheCucumber Sat 23-May-15 18:51:49

Have just spent 45 minutes on phone to them. Nice man yesterday had done what he said he would BUT the original person who took our details had put it through as a replacement windscreen. The windscreen is out of stock which is why the appointment hadn't taken, but no one had thought to tell us. The appointment we thought we had for Saturday isn't in the system either.
Spoke to yet another person who has the authority to change it from new windscreen to chip repair and we now (allegedly) have an appointment for next Saturday afternoon. However the confirmation email hasn't come so we might be going through it all again.
Thanks for the info Custard. We might end up going down that route if this goes on much longer.

LarrytheCucumber Sun 24-May-15 11:39:44

Confirmation email arrived so maybe next Saturday afternoon the repair man will too...

custardismyhamster Sun 24-May-15 21:16:38

It its just a chip it needs repairing QUICK before it cracks and you need w whole new windscreen. Generally you won't pay excess for repair but will for replacement

Custardcream14 Sun 24-May-15 21:36:46

You do pay excess did a chip, it's £25

DONALDSONCAR Mon 16-Oct-17 17:30:15

I had terrible customer service from Autoglass today. Man came out to fix my windscreen. Was really patronising and when my partner came out directed all conversation at him and, despite the fact it was my car, I was the customer and he had been dealing with me, handed my car keys passed me to my partner. What century are we living in? Complained to Autoglass who didn't see what the issue was and suggested I might have made the story up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now