Talk

Advanced search

To be upset that my husband kissed another girl at midnight on NYE

(130 Posts)
JanieLovesLuckySocks Sat 03-Jan-15 21:31:03

We were at a friends for a dinner party on NYE, we had our baby with us who woke up at 11.30 so I was entertaining him on the sofa. At midnight, everyone gathered in the living room, dh was about a foot away from me and baby. I was counting down with our baby then at midnight turned round to hug and kiss dh and he was hugging and cheek kissing a mutual female friend. I was really taken aback.... Is this ok or am I right to be really upset that he wasn't with me and our son at the strike of midnight?

Looseleaf Sat 03-Jan-15 21:34:04

I think this is only an issue if there are other issues. Who knows as she might have just said happy new year and he responded, quite normal at a busy party IMO. But interested in others' thoughts

fluffyraggies Sat 03-Jan-15 21:34:04

He was 'with' you if he was only a foot away. Maybe the woman sort of .. grabbed him? Did he come to you next?

cathpip Sat 03-Jan-15 21:34:12

I would not be happy either, fair enough "hugging and cheek kissing a mutual friend" but wife first.....

Fooshufflewickbannanapants Sat 03-Jan-15 21:34:46

Yabu.

Cantbelievethisishappening Sat 03-Jan-15 21:35:16

Er....... really upset he was not with you both at the stroke of midnight? You said he was a foot away from you. He kissed someone on the cheek. It happens on NYE. YABU.

peppapigonaloop Sat 03-Jan-15 21:35:19

I think you Are overreacting sorry! In my experience you just have a hug and kiss with whoever is right next to you. Perhaps she went to knit him first- it would be pretty rude of him to shove her away!

SillyBugger Sat 03-Jan-15 21:35:21

WTF? Of course YANBU. Why on earth would they do that?

WorraLiberty Sat 03-Jan-15 21:35:53

She probably grabbed him first, especially if he was the nearest person to her.

alicemalice Sat 03-Jan-15 21:35:56

I wouldn't think anything of this at all. YABU, unless you have more info you haven't told us.

zeeboo Sat 03-Jan-15 21:36:23

Kissing on the cheek? How very DARE he!! For goodness sake, she was next to him, you were a foot away. She may have grabbed him first. The title of the thread made me think he was full on snogging some one!hmm

SillyBugger Sat 03-Jan-15 21:36:44

Oh just read it was on her cheek. Obviously not so bad, but still I would not be pleased - surely he should've been trying to kiss you.

Crockershite Sat 03-Jan-15 21:37:09

That would seriously piss me off.
Ok, they were probably in a conversation or some such, but I would expect my dh to excuse himself for a minute because we always share the tradition of kissing each other happy new year.
Have you always had the new year moment or not? I think that's the important factor.
If yes, then yadnbu.
Have you asked him about it?

BastardGoDarkly Sat 03-Jan-15 21:37:35

Over reacting, did he come to you next though?

Chances are, she just turned and hugged him.

arethereanyleftatall Sat 03-Jan-15 21:38:13

I thought you meant snogging.
Sorry but I think yabu, grabbing the closest person for a peck is normal on nye. I think I got to my dh at about five past.

ChantenayCarrot1 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:39:19

It wouldn't bother me - NY can be slightly crazy as people simply grab others before they can react.

hmc Sat 03-Jan-15 21:39:56

I'd be a bit perturbed by his (no doubt unthinking rather than deliberate) prioritisation but I think having made a snarky remark to dh later and getting it off my chest, I'd get over it pretty quickly

TobyLerone Sat 03-Jan-15 21:40:32

Overreacting, for sure. How ridiculous.

LokiBear Sat 03-Jan-15 21:40:55

My husband did the same. Although, the woman he kissed was his mum so I let him off. grin Try not to over think it, your dh was probably just being friendly.

DamselNotInHerDress Sat 03-Jan-15 21:41:31

YABU and a bit silly!
We had a party on nye, rent a holiday house for the week with loads of family and at the stroke of midnight we all cheer and kiss everyone in the room - my first kiss of the year was with my BIL, I think Dp was maybe 8th?! We just work our way round the room kissing (that sounds weirder that in reality!) and I have no idea who dp kissed first.
I Think being really upset is a massive overreaction.

Drquin Sat 03-Jan-15 21:42:22

Not sure if I'd be "really upset" - 2015 will still bring what it brings.
Full on snog, yeah ok ..... But greeting the person who happened to be nearest to you, not so much of a problem. Sorry, a wee bit U.

Smartiepants79 Sat 03-Jan-15 21:42:39

Think this is a bit of an overreaction. Mountain out of a molehill a bit.
He was with you. I wouldn't have found what happened to be unusual in a group situation.

Reekypear Sat 03-Jan-15 21:42:53

YANBU .....he should have sought you out.

Viviennemary Sat 03-Jan-15 21:44:56

This is a bit silly. I thought everyone at parties hugged and kissed on NY's eve. Don't be one of those suffocating wives.

NeedsAsockamnesty Sat 03-Jan-15 21:44:58

Huh, he kissed someone who was nearer on the cheek. Not sure i get the issue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now