Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming with ASOS and not know what to do next? A bit long!

(10 Posts)
PeachyParisian Wed 17-Dec-14 14:26:11

I ordered a Christmas present for DM on behalf of my DF. Saw order confirmation email and noticed they were sending it to the wrong address- an old one that was the default but I definitely selected my current address.
I called and was told shed refer it to the warehouse and sort it out and I'd receive an email confirming it had been done. Whilst on hold waiting to speak to her I'd also emailed customer services. Their response was that I might be able to cancel it. I responded asking how, had no reply.

Yesterday I contacted them on Twitter and was told to message them. I couldn't because they didn't follow me. I tweeted again and finally managed to send them an outline of the problem. No response. Tried calling the customer service line and was hung up on after being on hold for 10mins.

I emailed again last night and had a response this morning telling me it was too late to do anything and I should retrieve the parcel from where they deliver it too (a student residence 400 miles away!) and return it. I have since replied asking for my complaint to be escalated as I was told the address would be changed. Tried tweeting them again to no avail.

Called again today and was told there is no record of my conversation when I was told the address would be changed. She's emailed the warehouse to try and cancel it.
I don't know whether to reorder In the meantime confused it's since been reduced in price but I don't know what my rights are in terms of the original item. As I was going through the checkout I did notice that my old address kept highlighting but I made sure my current address was selected before paying. Surely they can't expect me to pay for an item they won't deliver to me when it's their fault they've processed it incorrectly?

And yes, I have since deleted all the other addresses from the list so this never happens again.

divingoffthebalcony Wed 17-Dec-14 14:30:52

Are you sure the address didn't defaukt back to the old address before you finalised the order? That would be easily done. With hindsight, you should maybe have updated your address book before ordering, but there you go.

Anyway, you've tried to sort things out prior to despatch (although Twitter probably wasn't the best approach for something as urgent as this) so I do suspect the onus is on them to get the courier to retrieve the item and/or refund you.

Mmolly2013 Wed 17-Dec-14 14:31:28

I think you didnt select the address correctly. They arent going to send it to a random old address for no reason it was obviously what you had selected, or failed to check properly.

once you order you automatically receibe an email with the delivery address on in that same second so you also failed the to check the address before delivery.

ITs not their fault but if I were you id order the cheaper version and get a refund for the othrr

Bexicles Wed 17-Dec-14 14:40:08

Their customer service is terrible at the moment. They no longer deal with queries via email and instead expect you to contact them via Facebook or Twitter. I had a delivery problem so messaged them on facebook last week, I finally got a reply to my pm last night, 5 days later!

OP I would stand my ground with them, even if you did select the wrong address they had time to cancel and reorder to correct address.

SoonToBeMrsB Wed 17-Dec-14 14:45:12

I've always liked ASOS and use them regularly until I had a run-in with their customer service team earlier this year due to a failed payment that they still tried to take and I ended up with my bank account frozen and no-one at either end could tell me how to fix it.

As PP have said, I think you've selected the wrong address but you get 15 minutes to cancel a next-day delivery order and (I think) 30 mins to cancel a normal one.

PeachyParisian Wed 17-Dec-14 15:01:11

I 100% selected the correct address. The person I spoke to today said that the address had obviously defaulted to the other one.
How can I force them to refund me? I have made every reasonable effort to cancel/amend the order.

I didn't see the confirmation email within the time frame, something to do with my mail app but I assumed it was going to the address I had selected in any case.

The fact that I was told they would fix it and then they changed their minds is what's most appalling. I didn't use Twitter as first port of call, only after I had called and emailed.

SoonToBeMrsB Wed 17-Dec-14 15:12:39

Once the parcel is gone they can't refund you until it comes back. If the person at the other end refuses the parcel it take, IME, about 10 days from that point for the money to reach your account.

roofio87 Wed 17-Dec-14 15:36:22

Well this exact same thing happened to me with asos, except I'm pretty sure it was my fault for clicking the wrong address. I rang and explained and they sent me the item out again but to the correct address, no charge. Ring again and push it!!

PeachyParisian Wed 17-Dec-14 16:08:15

i've reordered it, i didnt want to risk it not arriving in time for Christmas. I don't see the students who it will be delivered to refusing a lulu guinness bag somehow. I'm waiting to hear back about whether the warehouse cancelled the order but ill call again and push for a refund if necessary.

If I have notified ASOS before they despatched the parcel is it legal for them to refuse to give me a refund if the parcel they still send to the incorrect address is not returned to them?

PeachyParisian Wed 17-Dec-14 16:13:47

and thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now