Talk

Advanced search

I had a dream months ago that a neighbor died

(14 Posts)
sarami12 Wed 12-Nov-14 16:16:52

and then it just recently happened. And its not like I was thinking about them when I had the dream it was completely random. And then for it to happen in real life later that freaks me out. Why would I have that dream??

Iactuallydothinkso Wed 12-Nov-14 16:18:47

I've had that too. Not about your neighbour obviously! But I saw an old friend who was dead in my dream and he told me to tell his wife that he loved her and that he missed her greatly. He died about 6 weeks later. I did not tell his wife about my dream as I thought it might be upsetting and I would look a bit weird!

Winterbells Wed 12-Nov-14 16:22:40

Was your neighbour elderly or ill when you originally had the dream? Often things that we are worried about subconsciously can manifest in dreams.

Either way, it was just a dream. It doesn't mean anything.

seesensepeople Wed 12-Nov-14 16:24:19

...and everybody dies at some point

sarami12 Wed 12-Nov-14 16:24:40

No he was not elderly or ill, he got ill very suddenly and then days later died

Jackie0 Wed 12-Nov-14 16:32:36

You had a premonition. It doesn't mean anything sinister and it doesn't mean it'll happen again. These things can't really be explained but you're not the first to experience the inexplicable.
Obviously getting freaked out isn't ideal, if it upsets you that much you need to put it out of your head.

MarjorieMelon Wed 12-Nov-14 16:33:14

This has happened to me a few times. Most recently it was a very close relative that I dreamt about, he was in good health so I dismissed the dream. Then he died. I miss him so much. sad

angelos02 Wed 12-Nov-14 16:39:25

I don't think it is a premonition. You probably have loads of dreams about various things but this one stuck out as it went on to actually happen.

MissBlennerhasset Wed 12-Nov-14 16:56:40

What angelos said. It's called the hindsight bias, I think. Lots of things that we think/dream/imagine don't happen, and we forget about them.

grunty Wed 12-Nov-14 17:04:22

My aunt had a dream that the upstairs neighbour died and her dog barked and barked and a few weeks later it came true.

Perhaps your subconscious noticed something was not quite right with her?

I had a horrible vivid dream about an armed attack at work a few weeks ago and one about a tsunami a couple of days ago - sincerely hope those don't come true!

FreeSpirit89 Wed 12-Nov-14 17:28:25

I have that sometimes, in the form of day dreams or actual dreams. I dreamt one of the engineers dh works with was attacked on his rounds. Then a few weeks later he was.

It's very odd, but you just put it to the back of your mind

Scabetty Wed 12-Nov-14 17:36:00

I had a dream when I was a teenager that I was at a friend's Dad's funeral. A few days later I was told her father had died. Freaked me out.

HangingBasketCase Wed 12-Nov-14 17:49:05

As a teenager I dreamed that Princess Diana died in a car crash, about six months later she did. I also dreamed of a train crash that happened. More recently Ive dreamed that a popular TV personality was found dead at their home, I really hope this doesn't happen because I really like them.

Goldenlab Wed 12-Nov-14 18:17:50

When tony Blair was prime minister I dreamt that he had been admitted to hospital with heart trouble and woke up telling my husband about my dream (absolutely not Labour supporters, very odd thing to dream). We turned on the breakfast news and he had indeed been admitted to hospital with heart problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now