Talk

Advanced search

to be miffed that my Morrisons delivery will be here close to an hour late at 11.20 pm!

(22 Posts)
lostinspace2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 22:44:55

First time I have used Morrisons and did so as only delivery slot left for a weekend delivery when I booked it. Figured a 9.30-10.30 pm slot on Sunday would probably turn up early as no traffic at night. No call and looked up on line to see running 40 mins late. Called customer service who are sorry, no idea why late and offering me my £1 delivery charge back!! No I explained I wanted a delivery between 9.30 and 10.30 which is what I booked (ideally the earlier end of it) and not at 11.20 pm which is what I have now been told as I need to get up for work tomorrow.

Anyone from Morrisons Head office on here. Chaps, I tried your new home delivery service and won't be using it again it is pants! And as for my £1 refund.

howtodrainyourflagon Sun 02-Nov-14 22:47:30

Poor you. I hope your night isn't too late. I expect your delivery driver is having a pretty rough time too. flowers

I ditched ocado when they did this to me. It made me feel better. smile

SistersOfPercy Sun 02-Nov-14 22:54:51

Could be any number of reasons from sick drivers to broken down vehicles, late deliveries to the main hub or even road accidents. Either way it's not something they can control, it is annoying but it's just an occasional issue with online shopping.

lostinspace2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 22:56:45

Now gone to 1 hour and 10 minutes late - seriously? I really am not staying up til just before midnight to get my shopping. Trying to cancel this now. Only bind is no toast for anyone for breakfast now so will need to nip to tesco express when it opens tomorrow at 6 am - ironic really - pushed back into the greedy arms of Tesco due to downright poor service.

lostinspace2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 22:58:46

Yes I agree it may be occasional but the first time one uses a service and gets this is the last time. And as for offering me my £1 delivery charge back on a £100 order that will be 2 hours late at nearly midnight - too funny.

wheresthelight Sun 02-Nov-14 22:58:51

there are always reasons why a delivery will be late however they should be ringing and telling you especially for the time of night it is now due!! appalling customer service.

mind nit at all surprising from the company. I made a complaint about their cafe and am still waiting a response. I kid you not they had dropped food on the floor and picked up and out it back on the plate. how do I know I hear you ask - the massive dusty bunny was a dead giveaway

lostinspace2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 23:00:36

ok confused about dusty bunnys (?) but they put food back on a plate in front of customers? was it wrapped food?

wheresthelight Sun 02-Nov-14 23:01:36

nope it was a cooked chicken nugget and it was covered in hair and dirt. even the store manager agreed it was floor debris

lostinspace2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 23:02:45

that really is revolting. I may have to go clean my teeth after even reading that.

waithorse Sun 02-Nov-14 23:03:19

That is rubbish customer service, hope you can cancel.

MrsAmaretto Sun 02-Nov-14 23:03:45

That's really poor service, it's no wonder you are annoyed. My tesco delivery was late yesterday but the driver phoned me 15minutes before the slot ended to apologise and make me aware, she turned up 15minutes after the slot. I'm surprised you weren't phoned.

wheresthelight Sun 02-Nov-14 23:09:28

it was vile lost! it was lucky I noticed whilst putting ketchup in the plate for dsd before she ate any. they then told me I would "have to wait for a replacement as there are people who are in front you" by the less than helpful staff. I have to say I was not impressed and probably quite arsey with her when I firmly said I didn't care who hadnt had their order, the crap they had brought out was inedible and the next meal to come through their doors had better be dsd's replacement meal. it wasn't and 10 mins later she was still waiting so I demanded the store manager.

lostinspace2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 23:10:56

ok it "should" be cancelled (spoke to customer service who are now closed (as of 11pm)) but still showing as live delivery and still as 70 minutes late - do I dare go to bed and get all the family woken up at midnight with doorbell?

Excitedforxmas Sun 02-Nov-14 23:14:26

Leave a note on door just in case

CromerSutra Sun 02-Nov-14 23:14:30

That's annoying, however, I would possibly give them another go if shopping with them works for you otherwise. I've been online grocery shopping for years now, with a variety of shops and that has never once happened to me! The only issues I ever had were food too close to sell by date from Tescos.

wheresthelight Sun 02-Nov-14 23:17:03

Can you take the batteries out the bell or unplug if it's electric?

otherwise as suggested leave a note saying you are refusing delivery due to the lateness

lostinspace2014 Sun 02-Nov-14 23:20:51

yes good idea will do that.

minibmw2010 Mon 03-Nov-14 08:19:48

Did they try to deliver? I'm amazed they do deliveries even as late as 9pm on a Sunday but I do have some sympathy for the driver, sometimes things just go wrong ..

ihatethecold Mon 03-Nov-14 08:32:05

One of my friends worked in the HR dept of my local morrisons.
She once said to me "Don't ever eat in the cafe"

I didn't want to know why not and I've never stepped foot in there.

BigHairyLeggedSpider Mon 03-Nov-14 08:34:49

I used to work in a Morrisons cafe and I agree. never eat in one.

lostinspace2014 Mon 03-Nov-14 08:48:18

Yuk. Just yuk.

londonrach Mon 03-Nov-14 08:50:51

Lost did the delivery turn up. Thanks everyone for morrison stories. About to move where there is only a morrisons close by and i was looking forward to visiting the shop as i love the different foods they have for sale...dustbunny chicken wasnt going to be on that list!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now