Talk

Advanced search

Fucking Lidl!!!!!

(94 Posts)
Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:11:32

Okay so this is not a life or death Aibu but, my local Lidl have opened a bakery! They have shit loads of very cheap yummy bread and cakes.

How the hell am I supposed to walk past the pastries - Aibu to think they are bastards!!!!!!

PolytheneGirl Wed 19-Mar-14 17:14:34

Haha. Ours did the same and now we can't get past the first aisle without DS having a complete meltdown about wanting a pink donut! Bastards!

magimedi Wed 19-Mar-14 17:14:48

Just open today? Then I think you may live close to me!

I'm not tempted by the pastries but they have moved everything else & it took me ages to find stuff.

PersonalClown Wed 19-Mar-14 17:15:25

I haven't dared enter our local one for fear that I will never leave again.

HoneyDragon Wed 19-Mar-14 17:16:53

I can't help myself when the Apple turnovers are still warm

Vickiyumyum Wed 19-Mar-14 17:17:18

Ours has opened one too. I hadn't been in there for almost a year. Went in lasts week and they had a small bakery. Iced donuts 25p (too sweet though ) maple pecan plaits 39p erc all really cheap less than half the price of Gregg's just round the corner.

Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:17:33

Oh I have never met a fellow mumsnet.....I have a terrible weakness for cakes and bread, they have fucked up my life.

Compensation companies will be ringing to save my fat arse soon.

Binkyridesagain Wed 19-Mar-14 17:18:59

We have had ours for ages. I find it very easy to ignore, I just look at all the chocolates and biscuits that are placed opposite.

Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:19:32

Yes it is a small bakery, so cheap and the pretzel things are lovely. I only went in for tomatoes!

Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:20:49

I cannot ignore the bakery, it will scream at me every time I enter the store. Now I will have to shop elsewhere, bugger.

ItsSpringBaby Wed 19-Mar-14 17:21:02

Mine has too, I bought and ate 3 freshly baked rolls yesterday morning. I'm a pig. angry

Chopstheduck Wed 19-Mar-14 17:22:34

they are gorgeous, I love the pretzels and the fresh rolls. Not tried any of the sweet stuff.

Indith Wed 19-Mar-14 17:23:18

I love the apple turnovers. And the seeded bread. And the pumpkin seed rolls. And the doughnuts at 5 for £1. They opened a krispy cream a while ago in our town, why would I want to pay £1.99 for a single fecking doughnut when I can go to Lidl and get 5 for £1?

I love the lidl bakery and teh dark chocolate mousse bars you have to walk past to get to the bakery.

Their shit free healthy checkouts are good though. SOmetimes I tell myself that I won't buy crap and as my resolve is crumbling I hit the checkout and there is not crap to buy! So that evening I have no crap to eat and I get grumpy and dh ends up making profiteroles instead.

magimedi Wed 19-Mar-14 17:24:02

I didn't see the pretzels - I will return!

Ours will be opening soon <marks spot for ideas>.

I bought some delicious Double Gloucester with chives in it there today.

getdownshep Wed 19-Mar-14 17:28:14

The diamond shaped cheese scones are horrible not!

Phantomteadrinker Wed 19-Mar-14 17:30:44

Our Lidl bakery is the reason dh has become much keener on shopping lately. Every shopping trip now must includes cheese twists (for the 5 min journey home apparently) and bloody jam donuts. Bastards confused

Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:36:24

Drool at cheese twists, I think they were testing it out as there was not much in. God help me! Free coffee at Waitrose then off to the bakery for breakfast.

ChablisLover Wed 19-Mar-14 17:38:47

Try the pretzels and the apple turnovers - nicest things ever

Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:42:02

After school run I got the following bakery delights, and except for the loaf it's all bloody gone.

3 pretzels
1 cookie
I loaf
1 chocolate cupcake
1 pain au chocolate
1 doughnut
I pumpkin roll
1 small French stick

All for testing purposes of course.

Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:43:57

Is it bad that I actually want to go back there now and see if there are any more pretzels!

HazeltheMcWitch Wed 19-Mar-14 17:44:53

cheese twist for the journey home? Amateur

I snarf one in the car park and have another for home with a cuppa

Zepherial Wed 19-Mar-14 17:46:37

Hazel I am thinking I could eat one whilst I walk to the car and then pretend that the one I am eating at work is my first.....

HolidayCriminal Wed 19-Mar-14 17:50:29

It's quite processed salty stuff, I think. I mean I still eat it, but it's not great quality.

MizTiggle Wed 19-Mar-14 17:51:25

YANBU!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now