Talk

Advanced search

to be fed up of not being able to use MerlinPass in August and Tastecard in December ?

(13 Posts)
Demolicious Mon 19-Nov-12 17:24:22

The point of getting these is to save money but at a time when you are already stretched you can't use them ! I appreciate that August/December are busy so these organisations don't need discounts to lure people in but I was just a bit miffed and needed to share my angst.

magnolia74 Mon 19-Nov-12 17:26:03

It's only the London attractions you can't use in August. There are no restrictions anywhere else. Even zoo days at chessington are included :-)

PeppaTwig Mon 19-Nov-12 17:26:19

YANBU
I don't use a merlin pass (is that theme parks?) but I do miss my taste card in December

ProPerformer Mon 19-Nov-12 17:27:28

I've always used my Merlin pass at sealife and Alton Towers in August.

Demolicious Mon 19-Nov-12 17:48:47

Maybe it is just London attractions and Legoland. I guess like most people you go to the venues nearest to you more often, cheaper than a trip to the movies or other outings, but we just happen to be closer to the London ones. But Tastecard is definitely off the menu in so many restaurants in December.

Cabrinha Mon 19-Nov-12 18:20:24

YABU. Yes it's a shame, but makes commercial sense. So not U at all.
Why not put by some of your savings you make with them the rest of the year, to use in the months when they're not usable?

Anonymumous Mon 19-Nov-12 19:34:36

I suppose you are being unreasonable if you knew of the conditions when you bought the pass, but I don't blame you. It would irk me no end as well.

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Mon 19-Nov-12 19:36:08

If you buy a premium pass you can use it all year round.

gordyslovesheep Mon 19-Nov-12 19:36:17

OMG did they make these compulsory now shock

DeWe Mon 19-Nov-12 20:01:56

That's because you've got the basic level Merlin pass. You pay less than the premium pass where you can go in August.
Personally I'd avoid those places like the plague in August because they're unpleasantly busy, so I like that I can pay less and then tell the dc that I'm very sorry but I can't go in August. wink

NoraGainesborough Mon 19-Nov-12 20:19:10

Yabu. The only reason participate in these offers is to bring people in. They don't need to at these times.

I own a restaurant and Christmas is our main revenue month. It is imperative that we take as much as possible. The extra we take in December means we can survive quite periods without worrying.

we don't need to do 'special offers' and by not doing them, it makes the year a bit easier.

Pictureperfect Tue 20-Nov-12 08:21:52

I had them in the days before merlin took ever, I didn't know they had restrictions these days, but cheeky, Nora- I understand with a family run business but I think it's bad when places are so expensive!

INeverFinishAnythi Tue 20-Nov-12 09:28:55

I've never heard of a Tastecard before. Are they really worth the money? They sound quite good, am tempted to buy one as a Christmas present but would like to check they're worth it before spending that much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now