Talk

Advanced search

to think i can write a 3,000 word essay in an hour and a half

(30 Posts)
Nevertooearlyforcake Sun 25-Sep-11 22:25:30

fuckity fuckity fuck. why do i always do this?

and great buggering fuck, why the bollocks did mumsnet have to be created, i used to just have minesweeper to distract me back in the day

rhondajean Sun 25-Sep-11 22:27:48

Been there done that, buckle in for a late one, log out now!!!! and best of luck :-)

BoysAreLikeDogs Sun 25-Sep-11 22:28:08

ok

intro and conclusion ready?

I used to try to get my intro then essay would flow from there (might take you a bit longer than hour and a half)

maybunny Sun 25-Sep-11 22:28:38

You can do it! Just get off mums net lol! Seriously, I work best under pressure, so you might just surprise yourself - what's the topic?

tethersend Sun 25-Sep-11 22:28:55

Of course you can.

As long as it doesn't have to be coherent.

Fatshionista Sun 25-Sep-11 22:29:16

Yes, you definitely can but you have to focus.

LeBOF Sun 25-Sep-11 22:29:57

I never could. It would take me all day, probably two.

maybunny Sun 25-Sep-11 22:30:17

And yes it's much quicker if you structure it with intro, conclusion etc prepared ready

SnapesMistress Sun 25-Sep-11 22:30:18

YABU, its gonna have to be an allnighter I'm afraid.

JarOfHearts Sun 25-Sep-11 22:30:40

You can buy one for about a tenner..

But that would be BAD clearly...

theglove Sun 25-Sep-11 22:30:48

You poor thing. Your deadline's tomorrow?

I could have done the work I've had to do by midday Saturday, but instead have left it until now. Still can't face doing it although it's easy enough.

two hours ago I said I'd finish it by Spooks, been sitting here since, wtf happened to the evening?

PIMSoclock Sun 25-Sep-11 22:32:00

What's it about? What level do you nerd to write at. I find wine helps

Northernlurker Sun 25-Sep-11 22:32:58

Of course you can do it. I would say 2 hours though.
Ok - piece of paper -

Introduction: points to be covered
point
expansion on point/evidence
second point
second expansion

etc.

pinktransit Sun 25-Sep-11 22:36:49

You can do it!!

This might help - if you know what you want to say, then try the speed writing bit on this.

http://www.neilstoolbox.com/

said Sun 25-Sep-11 22:37:47

How old are you? I really want to write that it's so much easier to be a student now with cut and paste and computers and stuff then panicked that you're very young Anyway, yes you can as long as you do have some idea of what you're going to write about

Nevertooearlyforcake Sun 25-Sep-11 22:41:29

communities and renewable energy. Last time I finished at 5.50am then got up at half seven to go to work and I still haven't learned from that experience, why?????

Should have done before but evenings - knackered then want to please myself for a while (work full time and once kids in bed and eaten never earlier than half eight - eaten dinner than is, not the kids being eaten in bed). Weekends, want to spend with kids.

However - I think I only need to clear 35% to pass the module as first essay was ok, how good does it really have to be??

madonnawhore Sun 25-Sep-11 22:42:12

Lol, good luck.

Although I'm sure there have been times when I've written close to that amount of words on mumsnet in the space of an hour and a half.

Your essay topic isn't 'The unreasonableness, or not, as the case my be, of a premoninantly female internet forum community' by any chance?

madonnawhore Sun 25-Sep-11 22:42:45

*predominantly. Duh.

twinklytroll Sun 25-Sep-11 22:43:50

I am the queen of fast essays but I would struggle to do that.

kerrymumbles Sun 25-Sep-11 22:44:21

shall we help you?

what is subject?

purplemurple Sun 25-Sep-11 22:46:40

It will be done by 6:28 am smile glad those days are behind me grin

PomBearAtTheGatesOfDawn Sun 25-Sep-11 22:48:37

Take a different tack to everyone else and point out that although some types of renewable energy as touted as incredibly green and eco-friendly, they actually aren't. Public perception counts for more than actual greenness - ie wind turbines are supposed to be green, but they are made of steel. Where do they get the steel? If they were made from recycled cars they would be great, but the situation as it currently stands.... a wind turbine farm can have a bigger carbon footprint than a nuclear power station. Nuclear is one of the cleanest, greenest powers there is EXCEPT in the event of human error. Have a look at what happened to the wildlife populations within a hundred miles or so of Chernobyl in the ten years following 86... and the sunflower rafts they used to get the cadmium and uranium out of the water there too shuts up and sidles out dragging recycled soap box sheepishly

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Nevertooearlyforcake Sun 25-Sep-11 22:50:12

love the speedwriter! unfortunately I don't think it's going to help me too much now but am definitely going to have a go for work stuff! you may have just changed my lifegrin

ok, going to get arse into gear, just do not have the strength for an allnighter right now

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now