Talk

Advanced search

Gifts for £5(ish)......

(6 Posts)
llynnnn Fri 03-Oct-08 17:29:12

I've been reading the other threads and lots of us seem to be on a tight budget this christmas, thought it might be an idea if we post ideas/links to bargain items that would make good christmas pressies...

I'll be back later with my ideas!

gingernutlover Fri 03-Oct-08 17:44:23

for crafty types, our local pound shop sells sheets of embellishments for £1 each

again pound shop, mug for £1 fill with their favourite sweets and put whole lopt in a xmas bag from lakelands (big pack for £2.99, decorated in holly)

Wicker baskets from charity shops, filled with seasonal fruits.

Nice hand cream

3 for 2's on boxes of chocolates.

If you know you wont be seeing the recipient until after the actaul day then most shops sales start on boxing day and you could get some bargains then.

Primark brilliant for hat and glove sets, socks etc with if wrapped nicely can be nice gifts.

janeite Fri 03-Oct-08 17:53:20

For a teenage girl - primark PJs or fleecy nighties are about £4; that plus cheapo mug with a sachet of hot choc and some marshmallows might be good. (Although tbh I have sworn never to return to primark, so I can't do that idea!).

inscotland Fri 03-Oct-08 19:10:15

Boots and their 3 for 2 at Christmas is always usually good and M&S do a pretty good 3 for 2 as well.

LostGirl Fri 03-Oct-08 19:16:18

Lots of wooden toy on here for around the £5 mark. Free delivery as well.

scrappydappydoo Tue 07-Oct-08 21:27:13

If you go on the moneysavingexpert.com website they do an annual festive fivers competition - there are tonnes of really good ideas there

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now