My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

33 weeks so uncomfortable!!

5 replies

HWka · 26/04/2022 14:19

Hi,
just hoping for some positive words really! I’m 33 weeks now and soooo uncomfortable today, me belly is really tight and my back is aching. Feel like I need to lie down more throughout the day to get the weight off me- is this normal? Luckily I can work from home some days but I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep going for 4 more weeks working.
Just can’t believe how uncomfortable I am today! Please tell me if there’s anything I can do to relieve the back ache of carrying extra weight?! Any tips? Is lying down more my best option?

OP posts:
Regenbogen22 · 26/04/2022 14:38

Have you tried one of those belly support bands/belts?

Flowerbug1994 · 26/04/2022 14:44

Am 33+3 and I feel ya !! Am working from home 3 days a week and Am just about to put in for a week of leave before Mat so I finish 3 weeks on Friday which is 3 weeks before my date cause I am so so tired and just haven’t got it in me to sit at a desk all day. My bum goes numb back ache the lot

HWka · 26/04/2022 19:48

@Regenbogen22 thank you! Bought a belt off Amazon tonight I’ll ASAP!
@Flowerbug1994 i hear ya! I think I’m going to put some AL in too, was hoping to hold off but I’m so uncomfortable I think I might need the time to rest before baby comes xxx

OP posts:
unknownscot · 26/04/2022 20:15

It might seem silly but when I was feeling really tight and uncomfortable the best cure was to lie down with a bump mask on (I used the my little coco bump sheet mask)

In hindsight I was so tight because my skin was so dry!

fossilsmorefossils · 26/04/2022 21:45

I had one of those big blow up balls that I sometimes sat on, or I sat on my knees hunched over it or whatever position worked. Just a little break from feeling unconfortable does help in ghe next hour.

Alternatively, can you stop working earlier? I don't know your financial situation but these last few weeks are a bit more blah. Better to sleep through them as much as posdible imo.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.