I have based much of my Christmas ideas for DD who has just turned 7 around toys I think my DD would like, or around toys I think I would have liked at that age, but her birthday just gone has exposed the fact that she is not really into toys that much anymore
Things she does like doing:
- Crafts and drawing. She's creative and she doesn't have much above what a typical house with younger children would have (pens, pencils, paper, colour paper, etc) and our craft supply has run low so would love some recommendations in this area
- Making dens and cosy spaces, though she already has a teepee. She has a mid sleeper bed and I want to make the space underneath for her a cosy den so any suggestions for that would be helpful
- She likes food and making food
- She's interested in drinks so am trying to find ideas along the lines of a more grown up tea set or something? Was looking at bubble tea sets but worried the caffeine would not be appropriate
- Games but she has a tablet and we already own several gaming devices including a Switch and Playstation. Perhaps gaming related gifts though?
- She likes the idea of being pampered but does not actually enjoy the sensation of face masks. Would a little hamper with some sparkly bath bombs etc from Lush be too grown up? She is my oldest so it's hard to judge whether that would be considered great or boring!
- She's interested in writing but is only just started year 2 so is not a confident writer. Perhaps some kind of story designing kit if there is such a thing? She already has story dice and loves these.