Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Help

Newjobnewstart · 14/08/2019 07:45

Im worried i have a problem. I know i drink too much and have been making an effort to cut down.
So last week i drank as follows
Mon/tues nothing, wed half bottle red, thurs nothing, friday 2 glasses red, sat (at a party) 2 red, 1 prosecco, 3/4 gins (did drink water in between) sun 2 red. Nothing since then.
In previous weeks i would drink 3 to 4 bottles of wine between wed and sunday.
I have had a rotten headache and bad sleep (tho thats normal)since monday ive read on here that can be a sign of withdrawel. Ive had a craving like when i gave up cigs. However i have loads of alcohol in the house and im not drinking it.

My dad was an alcoholic - drank from.when he woke up to when he went to bed. Would dribk anything - cheap cider beer etc. All he thought about was whete his next drink was coming from. He didnt work due to this. I dont want to become him.

Also to add i do suffer from health anxiety where every little symptom is something worse. If i read something i can find a symptom somewhere.

I do want to cut down but would ratheer not stop completely. Thanks for readimg and any advice you may be able to give

OP's posts:
Please
or

chillichutneysarnie · 31/10/2019 18:08

I feel similar, used to just drink on a Friday and Saturday night but since a couple of bereavements in the last 2 years my DH and I only have 1-2 drink free days a week now.
The only advice I can currently give us get rid of all the alcohol in the house. We bought a crate of wine with the intention of giving them out as Xmas presents or saving them for Xmas dinner, guess what, they were all gone in a week. So try not to have any in the house at all, and what I'm thinking of doing is just gradually increasing the drink free days up to 3-4 and eventually get back to only drinking once a week or so.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.