Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

AMA

I teach cake decorating - ask me anything

27 replies

BendydickCuminsnatch · 10/07/2018 07:58

Put my knowledge to the test πŸ˜„ (out all morning, maybe day, will answer questions tonight if I even get any! πŸ‘πŸ»)

OP posts:
SonggBird · 11/07/2018 17:36

Hi OP, do you like/teach sharp edges when you are covering cakes?

Or do you like the 'traditional' type rounded edge?

And since the Royal Wedding cake and it's rustic/unfinished type smoothing of the buttercream, do you think sharp edges may go out of fashion in favour of a 'messier' look?

iheartfriday · 11/07/2018 19:33

I'm making my mums birthday cake on Friday and plan to make it naked (cake not me lol) with buttercream also made with marscapone and double cream. For tedious reasons we have to go to my BIL's on Saturday (3 hour drive) and then on to my mums on Sunday (another 3 hour drive).
I plan to make it Friday day, whack on the buttercream Friday evening. Stick it in the fridge overnight and then put it in a cool bag with ice blocks for the first drive. Then back in the fridge at BILs until Sunday morning and back in the cool bag with ice blocks for Sunday's drive. Then when we get there leave it to get to room temperature.
Does this sound ok?? And would I keep it in an airtight container for all of this? Or a cardboard cake box.
TIA!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.