Please or to access all these features

SEN

Here you'll find advice from parents and teachers on special needs education.

DLA WAIT TIMES 2026

537 replies

Mumto4and5 · 07/10/2026 11:14

Made a new thread as we are very close to reaching the maximum posts allowed

Please post your scan dates etc

NC = New Claim
MR = Mandatory Reconsideration
SC = Scan Date

OP posts:
Mumoftwinsplusone1 · 07/10/2026 15:05

SilverGlitter26 · 07/10/2026 14:53

I am sure you can stay on camh waiting list until she is diagnosed.

My daughter has just started year 2 as well. She has combined ADHD and ita getting harder for her to complete work because she cant sit still or concentrate.
Definitely do right to choose x

Oh amazing if that’s the case, maybe I misunderstood 🙈 I’ll contact the GP and see if we can get the ball rolling for a ASD and ADHD assessment (best of both worlds 🤣) The transition between yr2 and yr3 I hear is the hardest for them so at least if there is a diagnosis by then, I hope the school can implement movement breaks etc. I suspect my son (twin brother) has ASD too but is a serial masker so the chance of anyone taking it seriously is little to none unfortunately. Thanks for your help x

Hopefullyitcan · 07/10/2026 15:03

Scan date 24th July and looking like another day of nothing 😔

SilverGlitter26 · 07/10/2026 14:53

Mumoftwinsplusone1 · 07/10/2026 14:51

@SilverGlitter26 im looking into this but a little worried about having to cancel the existing camhs referral made through the school in case the school are utterly useless when it comes to asking them to redo forms/report. I think school think she’s started yr 2 a completely new child (which is ridiculous) whereas if anything her dysregulation and other struggles at home have worsened as a result of her now masking more.

I am sure you can stay on camh waiting list until she is diagnosed.

My daughter has just started year 2 as well. She has combined ADHD and ita getting harder for her to complete work because she cant sit still or concentrate.
Definitely do right to choose x

Mumoftwinsplusone1 · 07/10/2026 14:51

@SilverGlitter26 im looking into this but a little worried about having to cancel the existing camhs referral made through the school in case the school are utterly useless when it comes to asking them to redo forms/report. I think school think she’s started yr 2 a completely new child (which is ridiculous) whereas if anything her dysregulation and other struggles at home have worsened as a result of her now masking more.

abcflower · 07/10/2026 14:48

Jemh95 · 07/10/2026 14:36

Got absolutely everything crossed for you and hopefully hear really soon I get so anxious over the thought that I didn't send enough evidence

I know what you mean. I sent so much evidence off doctor reports diagnosis letters and school pretty much wrote an essay so hope that’s not a problem!

Jemh95 · 07/10/2026 14:36

abcflower · 07/10/2026 14:05

i called yesterday and the chap said it was with a case worker as we speak-no decision made yet

Got absolutely everything crossed for you and hopefully hear really soon I get so anxious over the thought that I didn't send enough evidence

SilverGlitter26 · 07/10/2026 14:26

abcflower · 07/10/2026 14:05

i called yesterday and the chap said it was with a case worker as we speak-no decision made yet

I would call. If it was with a decision maker yesterday there is likely a decision now

SilverGlitter26 · 07/10/2026 14:26

Mumoftwinsplusone1 · 07/10/2026 13:58

@Mumto4and5 honestly the whole process is so draining on our mental health. If only there was a simpler (or at least quicker) way of getting the help our children deserve. My daughter is awaiting her camhs assessment but this is likely to take years and in the meantime is struggling so much and with a new yr at school and new teachers is back to masking at school so am unsure how helpful they’ll be this year 😢 I’m hoping we can use the money to save for a private assessment so at least we will have a diagnosis when she reaches junior school next year 🤞

Can you not do the right to choose? I have for my son and my little girl. Both assessed in months x

abcflower · 07/10/2026 14:05

Jemh95 · 07/10/2026 13:58

Aw mines ages away 19th Feb have you called to see if updated

i called yesterday and the chap said it was with a case worker as we speak-no decision made yet

Mumoftwinsplusone1 · 07/10/2026 13:58

@Mumto4and5 honestly the whole process is so draining on our mental health. If only there was a simpler (or at least quicker) way of getting the help our children deserve. My daughter is awaiting her camhs assessment but this is likely to take years and in the meantime is struggling so much and with a new yr at school and new teachers is back to masking at school so am unsure how helpful they’ll be this year 😢 I’m hoping we can use the money to save for a private assessment so at least we will have a diagnosis when she reaches junior school next year 🤞

Jemh95 · 07/10/2026 13:58

abcflower · 07/10/2026 13:57

Expired 03/10

Aw mines ages away 19th Feb have you called to see if updated

abcflower · 07/10/2026 13:57

Expired 03/10

Jemh95 · 07/10/2026 13:54

abcflower · 07/10/2026 13:24

Renewal scan date 06/07 still waiting to here!

When's your renewal due

Jemh95 · 07/10/2026 13:49

Renewal due 19th Feb sent the 28th received text the 29 th

Shimmara · 07/10/2026 13:47

I have a scan date of 3rd August no update as of yet

Mumto4and5 · 07/10/2026 13:40

Mumoftwinsplusone1 · 07/10/2026 13:38

New Claim SD: 29th July
The wait is excruciating…and the closer I get the more likely I think we will get declined. Really hoping we get an answer soon one way or another so I can (hopefully) get a better nights sleep 😴

I feel the same. Every day it feels like it’s on my mind no matter what I’m doing. I’m scan date 28th so seeing people with the same scan date getting decisions is making me even more nervous xx

OP posts:
Mumto4and5 · 07/10/2026 13:38

Nhsworkingmum96 · 07/10/2026 13:37

New claim, scan date 10/08.. I Would assume another few weeks. What Facebook page are people using please?

It’s called the DLA support group. It has a little teddy bear in the profile pic xx

OP posts:
Mumoftwinsplusone1 · 07/10/2026 13:38

New Claim SD: 29th July
The wait is excruciating…and the closer I get the more likely I think we will get declined. Really hoping we get an answer soon one way or another so I can (hopefully) get a better nights sleep 😴

Nhsworkingmum96 · 07/10/2026 13:37

New claim, scan date 10/08.. I Would assume another few weeks. What Facebook page are people using please?

abcflower · 07/10/2026 13:24

Renewal scan date 06/07 still waiting to here!

ShinyBeans · 07/10/2026 13:10

beardotdo · 07/10/2026 11:59

New Claim, I think the scan date is 20/07 as I was told that’s when they received the forms over the phone. Haven’t received any other text or letter.
Called yesterday, still no decision and person on the phone said I was a bit early yet.

A bit early after 11 weeks. Pffft. I would ring again in a week and hope you get someone more helpful.

ShinyBeans · 07/10/2026 13:07

My daughter's NC took 8 weeks to come through earlier this year. With hers I received a text on July 6th to say it had been received but they actually started the claim from July 4th. The award was made on September 1st with the back payment coming through on September 4th.

My son's NC scan date was August 14th and I received a text on that day and then a letter on August 27th stating they received the claim on August 14th. From looking through everyone's posts it looks like the wait is at 10 weeks now... so I'm expecting a decision by October 23rd. We shall see.

I called them yesterday and the person I spoke to was really nice. Didn't really give an indication of how much longer it might be but he said they were working to clear a backlog at the moment and that from what he could see, everything looked good with the application and they don't need anything else from me, it just needs to get in front of a decision maker.

SilverGlitter26 · 07/10/2026 12:57

Dream133 · 07/10/2026 12:08

Scan date 04/08 new claim! X

Same! X

Mumto4and5 · 07/10/2026 12:23

Md234 · 07/10/2026 12:12

@Mumto4and5 ive thought that too! It doesn’t give me much hope lol, my bank doesn’t show pending either so if I was to get accepted it would either be wait for the money to go in or ring and find out x

I’m the same, no pending payments show. I go on holiday Tuesday so hopefully get a decision by then 😩 xx

OP posts:
Md234 · 07/10/2026 12:12

@Mumto4and5 ive thought that too! It doesn’t give me much hope lol, my bank doesn’t show pending either so if I was to get accepted it would either be wait for the money to go in or ring and find out x