Please or to access all these features

Secondary education

Connect with other parents whose children are starting secondary school on this forum.

My son is in bits about his Secondary - what can we do now?

27 replies

QuintessentialOldDear · 23/07/2013 14:10

He has suddenly changed his mind.
We have naturally turned down his state offering. Now he wants it. Sad

He is nr 31 on the waiting list for his Catholic first choice, so not likely to happen. I just spoke to the school, they say it is unlikely that there is going to be that much movement. They also said they disregard what the priests reference said about compassionate grounds, and went on attendance only. (Illness and moving abroad to look after my elderly parents)

Should I regards this as just jitters, and give his chosen school a go, or should we get back onto the waiting list to his state offer?

OP posts:
LazyMonkeyButler · 23/07/2013 14:19

I would try to encourage him to go to the planned school for at least a couple of weeks - preferably half a term. Chances are once he is there, he will make friends and not want to move. If he actually does hate it after trying it though, you may have to think again. 7 years is along time to be miserable.

ArabellaBeaumaris · 23/07/2013 14:14

I don't have an 11 year old. But surely it isn't his decision to make? Which school do you think is better?

Swipe left for the next trending thread