Please or to access all these features

AIBU?

Share your dilemmas and get honest opinions from other Mumsnetters.

To be worried or unsure about this? (Work related) Time sensitive

29 replies

NotSureNeedSomething · 23/06/2026 12:49

Need advice / a bit of focus here to make a decision by Thursday.

I recently went for a promotion, didn’t get it, but was second so have been put on ‘retainer’. They can offer me a promotion if the same job comes up in the next 3 months if not I’d have to re interview. The promotion is for ‘Team B’. I am in Team A, which is similar.

however I have been offered my same job but in this new team B (so not the promotion role), and have been told that the promotion job in Team B is coming up most likely in next month or so for me to move straight into but that if it doesn’t, I will be in a stronger position already being in Team B to re interview if I have to if it’s outside of 3 month timescale.

Sorry if this is a convoluted explanation. No drip feed or mad back story. I love my current Team A, and enjoy the work although stressful. Team B is very similar work but possibly a tiny bit less stress, but also less complexity so possibly a tiny bit less satisfaction but stronger chance of promotion from what I have been told?

Argh! Need to decide by Thursday as it would be an internal transfer

OP posts:
Glitterbiscuits · 23/06/2026 12:52

I’d move over. Broaden your horizons

NoSausage · 23/06/2026 12:51

Take it.

teaandtoastwithmarmite · 23/06/2026 12:49

I would probably move to team b

NotSureNeedSomething · 23/06/2026 12:49

No change to salary for the offer to transfer sideways, it would be same pay and working hours

OP posts: