Talk

Advanced search

An insurance company now wishes to lecture us

(208 Posts)
JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 27-Nov-19 20:39:39

Aviva shared these lovely tweets today. I am actually insured with them but I will not be renewing. And they are not bothered by customers leaving, clearly.

Mumoftwoyoungkids Wed 27-Nov-19 21:40:33

Gender neutral toilets lasted all of 9 days at Aviva.....

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 27-Nov-19 21:41:57

Why was that then? I wouldn’t want to share loos with the men on my floor (several firms). Apparently the men’s loo is grim.

FemaleAndLearning Wed 27-Nov-19 21:44:26

Looked at Stonewall rainbow laces. It is very vague, but under facilities it mentions gender neutral changing rooms, so mixed sex. No direct mention of trans people identifying into the opposite sex class.
www.stonewall.org.uk/top-tips-lgbt-inclusion-sport

LangCleg Wed 27-Nov-19 21:47:16

This is what happens when the waters are muddied by Stonewall because there are very different issues at play depending what part of the alphabet you focus on.

Exactly. They've done the LGB no favours.

And it shows exactly how ludicrously unthinking these Woke corporate virtue signals are.

Mumoftwoyoungkids Wed 27-Nov-19 21:49:03

Apparently the men’s loo is grim.

Yep. That was our argument. To be fair they followed all the rules for gender neutral toilets - floor to ceiling doors, sinks in every toilet, tampon disposals in every cubicle. But strangely the women didn’t want wee on the floor. So they switched them back. (To be exact they left a very small number gender neutral but as they used to be male ones nobody cared as the demographic using them did not actually change.)

JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 27-Nov-19 21:51:27

Here’s some clarity on their position.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 27-Nov-19 21:51:54

Women (generally) just don’t feel comfortable bare-arsed with a flimsy piece of board between them and their male colleagues, rustling tampon packs or piddling/farting. And don’t even think about the ‘arse cams’ planted in loos.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 27-Nov-19 21:54:59

Aviva UK - who sell financial products which are generally actual, real sex based - health insurance, pensions, life cover... what a shower of idiots.

This is what happens when you let the weans run amock with the ‘easy’ bit of marketing.

Qcng Wed 27-Nov-19 21:56:13

This is the problem.

We're all for "inclusion of LGBT+++" in sports. Of course we are.
We're NOT all for LGBT+++ inclusion in womens sports at the expense of women.

If they'd put let's make sport inclusive for LGBTABC+ and women now that I would go for.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 27-Nov-19 21:59:39

‘Sports for all! Let’s all get active!’ That’s all they needed to say, not bite the rainbow cherry... I blame the grownups in the room

Ihaventgottimeforthis Wed 27-Nov-19 22:11:40

There is a distinction that we must make between encouraging LGBT participation in sport, which I strongly support - sport really is for everyone, and no-one should feel or be excluded - and saying that therefore women's sport cannot be single-sex.
One does not equal the other.
I support Team GB's stance on LGBT inclusivity and acceptance in sport - however I do strongly oppose any move to remove the single-sex rights we have for female sport.
It's not a complicated stance to get across - if we start to conflate protecting women's single sex categories with opposition to LGBT inclusion in sporting activities then that's the wrong way to go.
Much like Labour's position on Brexit, nuance is key.

JustHereWithMyPopcorn Wed 27-Nov-19 22:15:50

Exactly Ihaventgottimeforthis.

Akire Wed 27-Nov-19 22:17:00

Is like living in China or some state, and someone gets the phone call that they’ve heard you are not 100% behind the cause. Hence all shouting screaming and banner waving how wonderful things they are doing to support a small minority’s of LGBT people who don’t feel welcome in sport. I don’t think I know anyone who actual would feel welcomed or happy to go into sports for many other reasons.

If say 30% of your workforce is LGtB and 60% of them are happy in sport then (tries to do the maths)
12% of your work force don’t feel welcome. Why not make everyone more active and have work place teams etc. Can’t see how 82% of your workforce are all happy sporty need no encouragement to be active camp. Just bizzare.

Siameasy Wed 27-Nov-19 22:18:41

Their twitter people all have the same oblivious tone usually deployed by the wild don’t they? Ie someone says they’re going to cancel a policy and they basically say jog on, safe in the knowledge that they’re morally superior

Siameasy Wed 27-Nov-19 22:19:18

Woke not wild!!

PegasusReturns Wed 27-Nov-19 22:24:53

Weirdly my Twitter shows only one response to that tweet - and it's not the OPs

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 27-Nov-19 22:25:24

I would love the see the face on their boss tomorrow when they have a peek at the twitter feed to see how it’s all been going “you told a hundred customers to ‘fuck off and do one’?????”

littlbrowndog Wed 27-Nov-19 22:30:07

Jeez Kate. Awkward

LangCleg Wed 27-Nov-19 22:49:55

It's not a complicated stance to get across - if we start to conflate protecting women's single sex categories with opposition to LGBT inclusion in sporting activities then that's the wrong way to go.

It's not if you're immersed in the issues. But corporate Woke signalling isn't about the issues, it's about brand promotion and it's as subtle as a brick. Most people know and talk about what they're pissed off about much more than they do what they like. If corporate signalling is all about the T while conflating it with the LGB and people are pissed off about the obvious nonsense of the T, the backlash won't distinguish.

Stonewall has let its core constituency down so badly. It won't end well.

BadgertheBodger Wed 27-Nov-19 22:52:28

As someone who has actually been responsible for the marketing department this sort of thing brings me out in a cold sweat. I would not want to be Katie, or Katie’s boss tomorrow morning. Someone far further up the pecking order who likely gives no fucks about wokeness is most likely about to lose their shit.

theflushedzebra Wed 27-Nov-19 22:55:07

Gawd our life insurance is with Aviva. I'm pretty sure they're aware that a) I'm a woman, and DH is a man, and b) what that means.

Those tweets are utterly disingenuous. It's high time companies stopped letting interns and inexperienced twats loose on their twitter accounts!

In fact, DH and I had a financial adviser round to review our life insurance the other day. I can assure you 100% he wouldn't have rejected our cash on finding out I don't think TWAW.

What is it with these companies and political parties telling people "we don't want your business, or your vote, if you're a gender identity heretic? !

theflushedzebra Wed 27-Nov-19 22:59:20

"Corporations now preach to us as Churchmen once did"

Ain't that the bloody truth!

Funny how in both cases, women, (the cunty kind) are discriminated against and bottom of the pile.

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Wed 27-Nov-19 23:01:34

@ BadgertheBodger - yup I’ve been there too.

“Right you fuckers - what fucking hell have you been up to? You are going to spend the rest of your career (about ten mins at this rate) licking fucking stamps in the post room!”

TowelNumber42 Wed 27-Nov-19 23:02:17

Transwomen are women says an insurer. Interesting. Am surprised their actuaries are OK with this as a statement about their policies. Regulator might be interested.

Akire Wed 27-Nov-19 23:02:54

I’ve just read that whole twitter thread it’s quite tame, just lots people saying great but Male bodies against Female bodies is unsafe and unfair. Them just point blank ignoring basic biology facts by shouting But we are inclusive.

It is possible to support the cause and not want women to be driven from sport altogether. It’s just like changing room, women can just stay out altogether just so small minority have free run. There is a way to make it work for everyone, denying there is no problem at all, dosnt just solve it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »