Talk

Advanced search

Why do the British press hate people like me and my friends so much?

(131 Posts)
GrinitchSpinach Mon 14-Jan-19 00:04:08

266 upvotes on r/mtf

Mumsnet (or Momsnet? poster not sure) gets a special mention because although our posts might seem reasonable at first, they hide an underlying "hateful garbage" aimed at persuading "honest nice women."

For clarity, this MNetter does not wish any trans person out of existence. I do wish trans people happy lives free from discrimination in housing, employment, etc. I am not concerned about potential grandchildren.

Needmoresleep Mon 14-Jan-19 00:15:12

Who are thee 'few loud Terfs' who are leading us women, who want to talk about women things, astray

I bet it is that overpromoted fekko person. smile

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Mon 14-Jan-19 00:17:56

Someone called?

Freespeecher Mon 14-Jan-19 00:18:02

Fortunately, as a honest, nice man, I'm immune.

Maybe I can develop some sort of antibody from my blood.

AngryAttackKittens Mon 14-Jan-19 00:20:08

That bit about "me and my friends" - are all or most of this person's friends trans? Because if so, um, kind of proving our point about social contagion there.

NewYearsNiamh Mon 14-Jan-19 00:20:24

I don’t think a lot of that generation read newspapers, let alone the Telegraph.

AngryAttackKittens Mon 14-Jan-19 00:20:51

If it wasn't for Fekko we'd all be talking about prams!

(Nods seriously)

treaclesoda Mon 14-Jan-19 00:23:42

a large part of society seems to hate me because I'm alive

But...but...I thought you wanted to be treated as a woman? You should welcome that feeling, you've arrived

MagicMix Mon 14-Jan-19 00:28:04

Haha yeah my main problem with transgender ideology is that it might jeopardise my chances of becoming a grandparent. You got me.

userschmoozer Mon 14-Jan-19 00:31:12

I didn't protest against Clause 28 to support sterilising gay kids angry

OnlineAlienator Mon 14-Jan-19 00:32:01

Treacle grin

MagicMix Mon 14-Jan-19 00:34:39

I will never understand how they make the leap from "trans women are male and should be treated as male for purposes of sex segregation" to "trans women don't/shouldn't exist". Like, males exist and by and large everyone is fine with this fact.

Mamaryllis Mon 14-Jan-19 00:35:56

I don’t know if it’s funny or sad that such naïveté about adult human females exists. Horrifyingly sexist garbage about women of child rearing age, anyway. Who are these narcissistic child authors? They’ll grow up one day.

WeRiseUp Mon 14-Jan-19 00:50:21

Young fools.

WH1SPERS Mon 14-Jan-19 01:00:30

It’s you wimmin having opinions again. Always leads to trouble.

BubonicTheHedgehag Mon 14-Jan-19 01:15:10

There really isn't any hate at all. Not at all. No way.

Many of us are married to/partnered with men; many of us are mothers of both girls and boys, and we seek to do our best for all our children..

We are just trying to be careful, and seeking to protect and defend children and women against male aggression and violence.

ZuttZeVootEeeVro Mon 14-Jan-19 03:01:58

"nice woman...want to talk about all things woman..."

grin, like hair and make-up, knitting, diets?

No wonder these nice women get sucked into feminism.

I love the idea that women, with their women brains are easily led. They, on the other hand, with their, erm, lady brains are strong and logical, and immune from irrational thought.

GlorianaCervixia Mon 14-Jan-19 03:09:30

If they don’t want women to think TRA’s are pushing a mysogynist ideology then maybe they should post such sexist nonsense?

They really haven’t got a clue.

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Mon 14-Jan-19 06:23:19

*"nice woman...want to talk about all things woman..."
grin, like hair and make-up, knitting, diets?*

Thank you! I was wondering what it was I wanted to talk about.

CaptainKirksSpookyghost Mon 14-Jan-19 06:27:53

maybe they should post such sexist nonsense?

Gender ideology hinges on sexist stereotypes, without them there is no gender.

Dimsumlosesum Mon 14-Jan-19 06:32:04

What's that? Been raped/assaulted/abused by men so are fearful of male bodied people? No! Thou art TERF!!!!!! Be gone, you angry hateful wimmin, who obvs know nuffin about our feelings! How dare you make it all about you?! Transwomenz rights above all else!

Annandale Mon 14-Jan-19 06:36:33

Why
Do all the nice girls hate me?
Why
Living in the shadow of climate change
Is a generation
Hated?
Why?

'Tick. Vg. Submit to school magazine'

BillywilliamV Mon 14-Jan-19 06:45:53

I dont hate anybody, I just dont want my DD sharing spaces where they are vunerable and therefore should be safe, with men who are allowed to say "Today I am going to be a woman."
It is tricky because I share a toilet with a transwoman at work; but I know her, she is absolutely sincere in her need and desire to be female. She IS female!
I cannot know every single transwoman or man who chooses to identify, for whatever purpose, as a woman. For this reason I do not understand why it is up to us to give them the benefit of the doubt.
I am sorry if I am stating the obvious, but I wanted to articulate how I feel. I wish things were different because I have no trouble with me or my DD sharing any space with any person who truly identifies as female, whether they have a penis or not. The problem is I cannot tell by looking, what is actually going on in that person's head.

GerryblewuptheER Mon 14-Jan-19 06:52:43

God there's really no middle ground between wanting caution with children, and to make sure their health care isn't endangered by lies on computer systems and wanting them all to die in a fire is there.

No one wishes any harm. We r just exposing the lies they are telling and have been told.

CallMeSirShotsFired Mon 14-Jan-19 06:56:59

Well as a child-free woman, I was only here for the pram talk.

You've not only let me down etc etc.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »