Talk

Advanced search

SCD 2019 — Semi-finals, two dances but hope we don't fill two threads! (Spoiler free)

(993 Posts)
PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Sun 01-Dec-19 20:10:42

Last thread here.

The glitterball gets ever closer!

TheMustressMhor Sun 08-Dec-19 17:06:31

New thread

here

Horsemad Sun 08-Dec-19 16:59:20

I think they did, @UrsulaPandress. Was good to be able to compare.

UrsulaPandress Sun 08-Dec-19 16:52:39

Me to Horsemad. Didn’t they used to go one of two dance choices each week?

ppeatfruit Sun 08-Dec-19 16:49:48

Tinsel well lived AND well loved ! Numbrrrrrs grin Yes and Tess's dressmaker got peeed off with having her little face criticised all the times !!!

Horsemad Sun 08-Dec-19 16:46:31

Yep, saying Karim's AT was the best of the series when there's only been 2, is hardly an accolade, is it?!

I wish they all did the same dance each week.

NumbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsStation Sun 08-Dec-19 16:31:21

Well loved tinsel... blush

NumbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsStation Sun 08-Dec-19 16:30:07

Waves a string of well lived tinsel at @ppeatfruit aka ppartridgeinappeatfruit grin

Personally I think that it is not the fault of Tess’s dressmakers for running out of material. I reckon they get fed up of her patronising head tilt and run off home early...

lynsey91 Sun 08-Dec-19 16:19:29

i would absolutely love Chris to win but, sadly, I think he probably left last night.

Kelvin can dance but none of his dances have thrilled me. I actually preferred Chris' paso to Kelvin's.

I would really like to know how the dances are chosen. Chris definitely drew the short straw last night with his two. I did like his rhumba though. He may not have done much dancing but he really showed the emotion of the song.

Not really fussed now who wins. I think it will be Kelvin or Emma and I don't dislike either but neither of them give me real enjoyment when watching them. I would be pleased for Oti after she was robbed of the win with Danny Mac but I would also be pleased for Anton.

Another poster said Karim's AT was the best of this series. Well surely there have only been 2, his and Alex's? Both rubbish compared to other series.

ppeatfruit Sun 08-Dec-19 16:07:48

So you lovely NumberrrrrsStation and Dingdongschady It took me a verrrry long time to scroll back to discover my Xmas name . Thank you for that, not being a tecchie, I have tried to change my user name sometimes without success. So if you wait long enough it'll happen on its own YAAAAY grin fgrin bless.

So , I reckon that poor Amy is actually too big for Karim, (she's about the same height) he hasn't got the strength to carry her !! Hence he couldn't do that lift. They were all struggling doing 2 dances perfectly which is only to be expected.

I'm surprised that there's so much Chris support on here, yes he's had a jouuuuurney, and is a pleasant chap, but he's nor perfect by any means. Stacey was a worthy winner.

Claud looked fabulous, Tess looked like there had to be scaffolding to hold up her dress on one side. She seems to favour dressmakers who forget\or run out of material before they finish the dress,!!!!!!

Abigaildaisy123 Sun 08-Dec-19 15:56:23

Don't care what kelvins politics are, and I don't even what to read about them by accidentsmile

Also thought tess gave it away re Chris being his last dance. Nice to see there is no strictly curse affair this time as I don't believe the media trying to drum up more publicity with ' top secret affair between celebs '

I thought anton was going to front strictly, sort of roving Bruce.

DingDongSchadenfreudeOnHigh Sun 08-Dec-19 15:21:01

I don't think Chris is final material, but the choice of dances last night for him seemed to be almost deliberately set up for him to fail, particularly the rhumba.

I thought this, too - added to the ridiculous overworking of the others, it's almost as though the Judges are determined he should not avoid the dance-off.

(Perish the thought!)

Equanimitas Sun 08-Dec-19 15:12:27

I couldn't help thinking how Len would have loved the way Anton and Emma went straight into the waltz, without any muckin' abaht.

Equanimitas Sun 08-Dec-19 15:11:48

Nothing wrong with Craig pointing out how Karim messed up the lift. That's a judge's job.

awaynboilyurheid Sun 08-Dec-19 15:10:09

I keep missing spoilers so pleased about that! Loved Kelvin and Oti last night, I don’t agree with his brexit stance but so what ? I don’t agree with my own families political stance at times but that’s life.
Amy should have ditched the lift for Karim even if he did as she said, get it right in rehearsals, he mentioned not dropping her earlier on so it was clearly on his mind. It spoiled an otherwise excellent dance, Bruno was so kind not mentioning it but of course Craig had to point out the obvious and go on about it. Thought Chris rumba was poor, Karen just danced round him, he comes across so well and had improved loads. I’m sure if he goes out he will accept it with good grace as he has done all along. Anton might have got Emma through with their last dance. I enjoyed it but have forgotten already what it was.

Apolloanddaphne Sun 08-Dec-19 14:47:14

I honestly could not care less about the Brexit stance of any of the contestants. I have close friends/family who have a different stance to me on political party, Brexit and Scottish independence. We agree not to discuss such matters and we get along in every other way. We live in a country where we are allowed to chose our politics stance and long may it remain that way. It won't affect who I like watching dance!

Horehound Sun 08-Dec-19 14:43:10

He posted about it on twitter I think. I don't think any of the other contestants have..

DarlingNikita Sun 08-Dec-19 14:28:55

I don't. I've only learned about Kelvin's through this thread.

UrsulaPandress Sun 08-Dec-19 14:17:11

Do we know the Brexit stance of the other contestants?

DarlingNikita Sun 08-Dec-19 14:05:42

Ursula, it makes me think less of him <<shrug>>

UrsulaPandress Sun 08-Dec-19 14:01:05

Kelvin’s Brexit stance hmm

What’s that got to do with the price of eggs?

iklboodolphrednosedreindeer Sun 08-Dec-19 13:57:11

Elderflower - that's so lovely!

Equanimitas Sun 08-Dec-19 13:40:16

Colleague who lives in the same block as Emma says Anton has been seen there a few times. Which suggests that rumours about them not getting on aren't true.

Theromanempire Sun 08-Dec-19 13:24:36

I'm glad that others didn't rate Emma's Cha Cha - it looked really awkward, stilted and that she had forgotten the steps at least twice! The judges comments and scores were definitely on the generous side hmm

NumbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsStation Sun 08-Dec-19 13:05:31

Ah Dr Ranj is a proper good egg smile

DarlingNikita Sun 08-Dec-19 13:03:52

I didn't know about Kelvin being pro-Brexit. For some reason I'm surprised, but I don't really know why; they do walk among us, after all.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »