Talk

Advanced search

Mad Men is really finishing isn't it?

(108 Posts)
EachandEveryone Mon 11-May-15 16:45:22

Oh I enjoyed last weeks so much. David Bowie was a real shock at the end a real signal that times moving on. Do you think we will ever see Sally or Betty again? There must only be a couple left sad

I'm really going to miss them all. Last week's episode was beautiful.

EachandEveryone Mon 11-May-15 18:49:22

It really was and up until then I really thought it wasn't as good as before and it was feeling tired. Then it really upped it's game again. I'm going to miss it like mad.

thatstoast Mon 11-May-15 18:55:26

There's 2 episodes left, is that right?

Last week's was great. Peggy's entrance into McCann Erickson was amazing.

I'm hoping for another sally scene. I think Betty's story is over.

EachandEveryone Mon 11-May-15 21:28:21

I can't stand how spoilers keep popping up on favebook

AnyFucker Mon 11-May-15 21:29:46

why did nobody tell me this had started ? angry

KeatsiePie Tue 12-May-15 05:04:38

I just wanted to point out that the most recent episode aired ON MOTHER'S DAY.

KeatsiePie Tue 12-May-15 05:05:46

Also thatstoast I LOVED Peggy's entrance -- so great they could have used it to close the series. I mean, I expect them to close it on Don, but it was that good.

EachandEveryone Tue 12-May-15 10:16:40

Mother's Day in America we don't get it here until Thursday. Which is why we keep seeing spoilers.

soverylucky Tue 12-May-15 13:52:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 12-May-15 13:54:29

I loved Peggy's intro too. Fantastic. And the bit with Rog and the roller skates. Magic.

EachandEveryone Tue 12-May-15 17:10:26

Sovery, I'm trying to ignore. Only two more days for us to watch it.

KeatsiePie Tue 12-May-15 23:54:08

Oh I'm sorry! I thought from earlier posts that you all had seen the one that aired for us on May 10th.

SenecaFalls Wed 13-May-15 00:04:22

So we can't talk about that one yet, then? I'm in the US, too.

Tomorrow night, AMC, the channel that it's shown on in the US, will begin a marathon starting with the first episode and leading up to the finale. Other than having to go to work, I will likely not get much done during that time. smile

KeatsiePie Wed 13-May-15 00:37:47

Seneca I wouldn't get a thing done either! I get them on Amazon and a while back I started watching again from the beginning, I'm [embarrassed] that I'm already back up to season 5 now.

thatstoast Wed 13-May-15 08:25:37

Last year, I was on maternity leave and I watched seasons 1-6 in two weeks. Good times!

When it's all finished, I'm going to watch them all. <happy sigh>

But I still can't believe it is really over. sad

PeppermintInfusion Thu 14-May-15 17:01:12

Toast I'm currently on ML and have just done exactly that!

mateysmum Thu 14-May-15 17:09:42

I don't have SKy and there is no info on when the DVD will be out. Even Amazon don't have a future release date. I am getting desperate. Your teasers above are making me imagine all sorts of scenarios.

mateysmum Thu 14-May-15 17:14:54

Does anybody know where you can watch S7 part 2 on line?

R00tat00tt00t Thu 14-May-15 23:11:01

Please tell me that wasn't the end?! There is another episode left isn't there???

EatSleepRaveRepeat Fri 15-May-15 09:18:51

Bloody hell I was a bit of a mess after that episode

HoneywithLemon Fri 15-May-15 12:48:33

I really enjoyed last night's episode. Almost all stories concluded, except Don's now. I hope he gets a happy ending (not a euphemism).

mistymeanour Fri 15-May-15 14:52:19

I wanted Betty and Henry to run for the presidential nomination. Suspected Betty was ill last week when her back hurt in the kitchen. If Don disappears/becomes Dick again the children will basically be orphans, although I'm sure Henry will still look after them.

It is all so sad now - don't like Joan's new man at all. Shocked she would choose him over her son (was it a bluff?). Peggy and Stan would be a fun couple. Trudy's life as a divorcee has been dull but to go back to Pete?? and since when was he an involved father?

I was annoyed last week that Don gave Megan a $1million - what about his kids? He gave Betty zilch.

I'm so depressed after last night's episode. Poor Betty, Poor Sally, Poor Henry.

Have you seen the trailer for the last episode? <wails>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now