Talk

Advanced search

Autumn wardrobes.... what are we thinking of?

(798 Posts)
pinkflamingo22 Thu 08-Aug-19 20:58:12

I look forward to September and the change in weather move to autumny clothes.... I don't know why but I really, really fancy some super leather cowboy boots... plus pinafore dresses smile

Lumene Fri 09-Aug-19 14:02:30

Have got some berry coloured coated jeans from Next (one of the few places that does jeans of any kind that fit me at 6ft tall). Need some jumpers and the right footwear to wear with them.

Also a pleather Black A Line skirt from Oasis, ditto.

LuxuryWoman2018 Fri 09-Aug-19 16:02:39

I need jumpers too, loose fit, long. Also boots as mine are all on their last legs and getting beyond repair.

PeriComoToes Fri 09-Aug-19 16:04:41

Square toed boots you say? I need some of those, any links? Pref ankle.

I will be requiring some new navy wool trousers.

Some lovely socks that feel slightly luxurious, silky/merino.

A long line cardi probably merino.

Some nice tops that aren't t shirts or blouses (smart casual). Any suggestions?

A new hat.

Sigh81 Fri 09-Aug-19 16:06:49

Cannot wait. No new purchases planned for me this year (I have more than enough clothes) but looking forward to getting out the: tweed cape, polonecks, leather/wool pencil skirts, suede OTK boots, oversized cashmere jumpers, cocoon coats, vintage 50s skirt suits with nipped waists, brogues. Ooh, all of it!

PeriComoToes Fri 09-Aug-19 16:07:34

Love those bags chanellta sounds lovely me you already have one? How's the quality?

LuxuryWoman2018 Fri 09-Aug-19 16:28:07

I have a couple @PeriComoToes, very good quality, I have a few bags from them, now wanting a green!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 09-Aug-19 16:29:36

I bought a pleather pencil skirt from Oasis last year, which I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this Autumn. If I do, I might upgrade to a leather one. Hoping to wear it with white trainers and a denim/camo jacket for a while, and then with jumpers and boots.

And I'm really hoping to find a black midi dress with full skirt, nipped in waist and short or elbow length sleeves.

Ellapaella Fri 09-Aug-19 16:36:27

I'm going to try not to spend too much but am on the look out for a maxi or midi dress and a couple of maxi skirts to wear with my cherry red DM's which I bought earlier this year and adore.
I also need a new winter coat, ideally a really warm wool one but not sure if such a thing exists.

Babdoc Fri 09-Aug-19 16:41:52

Autumn wardrobe? Hmm... I’m thinking built in driftwood oak with a fitted full length mirror... grin
Seriously, what happened to the clothes you wore last Autumn?!

OrdinarySnowflake Fri 09-Aug-19 17:27:28

Baddoc - some are worn out, some look dated, lots are too tight after my summer of excess.... grin

gotmychocolateimgood Fri 09-Aug-19 17:28:38

I only want to buy one item--a burgundy cord mini skirt. Things I already have:
Duffle coat
Dungaree dresses with soft long sleeve tops and leggings (sorry)
Oxblood Chelsea boots
Thick spotty tights
Jumper dresses

I love Autumn 👢🍁☔🧣

JMAngel1 Fri 09-Aug-19 17:31:55

Babdoc - very droll - actually a driftwood wardrobe sounds amazing and yes, you're right, we don't NEED anything but oh we sure do want! You're not my DH are you 😆

Batshittery Fri 09-Aug-19 17:41:50

Watching with interest smile

Lumene Fri 09-Aug-19 18:08:05

@Sigh81your wardrobe sounds amazing!

Floisme Fri 09-Aug-19 18:14:14

A driftwood wardrobe sounds really interesting Babdoc. Please post a pic if you do make one - I'd love to see it.

But do you really need another one?

Blueandredandblue Fri 09-Aug-19 18:54:32

I've already started. Love Autumn clothing. Sick and tired of sleeveless everything. I want to wear boots and knits.

JaimeBronde Fri 09-Aug-19 19:06:46

I'm after a pair of knee high Barbie boots (as I call them the ones with the stack heel) in black & possibly tan.
I would like another pair of black wedge ankle boots as the pair I have are on their way out.
I've seen a light beige faux leather biker jacket in M&S. I have the burgundy one from a few years back & I always get complemented on it.
Skinny trousers have seen some in various colours in H&M, would like Khaki, Brown, Black & Wine.
I've been collecting a few wrap tops from eBay over the last few months, a brand new Damsel in a Dress in red for £5, a hardly worn black Boden wrap top for £3. I've got my eye on a chocolate Phase Eight top too that's going for £1.50 but no bidders yet.

Although Spring is my favourite weather season. I think Autumn/Winter clothes are best.

Ooh & finally I'd love a walk in wardrobe............maybe one day smile

Nearlyadoctor Fri 09-Aug-19 19:08:18

I’ve seen a Ted Baker wool coat I really want but can’t decide on the colour - probably camel but love raspberry and teal. Also a new pair of Fairfax and Favour boots knee length in mahogany leather.
We moved house last December and I’ve bought next to nothing since - love Autumn Winter clothes.

elizabethreallyismissing Fri 09-Aug-19 19:18:57

I need some new work bits and so far have a blazer and a couple of tops from M&S!

The top is really nice, got 2 one in grey as well and had 20% off with my sparks offers.

Haven't had a chance for a look round the shops lately but I was quite tempted by some ASOS leather look leggings posted on another thread!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 09-Aug-19 19:36:28

I wear a uniform so no need to worry about work clothes .

I love A/W jumpers, chelsea boots or lace-up boots (and I have a pair of the western style ankle boots I haven't worn yet) jeggings (I only wear leggings if my top covers my bum, and I find jeans too restrictive )

I have a black/white blazer I will wear with black jeggings,boots and top.
I want a very lightweight coat like the Uniqlo ones but no down.

Sigh81 Fri 09-Aug-19 20:30:22

Thank you @lumene smile cannot wait to start wearing it all again!

I quite like summer but always feel at my best with no skin (though I like my skin!) on show but super form-fitting/hourglass shapes, drapes, nipped waists, strong shoulders (I have an hourglass figure), polo necks.

It makes me feel powerful and strong. I find it a bit harder to feel powerful and strong when I am perspiring on my way to a meeting and my hair is a frizzy mess thanks to the humidity!

PeriComoToes Fri 09-Aug-19 20:50:36

Also drooling over your wardrobe sigh81 please tell me where you are getting your nipped in things.

Sigh81 Fri 09-Aug-19 22:03:54

It's usually midcentury true vintage. Suits by Lilli Ann (50s) or Don Loper and smart 50s and 40s draped dresses. Pencil skirts (midi length) and silk blouses tucked in. Best place for vintage online is Etsy.

If I do buy modern, I have my seamstress alter absolutely everything (usually taken in at the waist) so it fits just so!

WhoEatsPopTarts Sat 10-Aug-19 07:23:16

I bought a Hush leather jacket last year in a petrol/grey blue it’s not too bulky and buttery soft, so I’d recommend having a look at them. I love the look of the mock neck sweater from Stories in particular the pistachio colour but grr it’s nearly all acrylic &polyester.

I fancy a good pair of biker boots and I also love these ones, but not sure I can spend that much www.kurtgeiger.com/women/shoes/boots/ankle/snail-black-leather-carvela-kurt-geiger

Do we think longer boots will be back yet? I miss them.

dudsville Sat 10-Aug-19 07:52:02

I recently watched the beginning of Heros. One of the characters wears a fabulous pair of cowboy boots. They have a2 inch heel. Great colour. Just the right degree of worn look. Really great. I know from attempts in the past that I would buy something that would too loudly scream "YEEHAW EVERYBODY, LOOK AT ME IN MY COWBOY BOOTS!!!". So I have to admire from a distance.

I love autumn. I have a great selection of corded trousers, merino jumpers seems ankle boots.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »