Talk

Advanced search

Culotte Jumpsuit. Will I look like a tellytubby?

(47 Posts)
NapQueen Wed 17-May-17 20:30:13

Never ever thought it would look good, but there was one left in my size so I thought "meh, I will try it". It feels comfy, and I think looks ok. Im a bit bigger round the middle since having two dcs so imagined it would accentuate the big tummy but it doesnt seem to.

Ill probably chuck my trusty little grey jacket over for the sides of ham upper arms, and was thinking some nice bright heels.

Will people point and laugh!? Its so far out of my usual repetoire for a night out (skinny jeans, heels, floaty top).

Apologies for the changing room snap, have yet to try it at home.

tigerdriverII Wed 17-May-17 20:35:35

Sorry, I don't think it's flattering at all. Legs too short and the top bit looks like a business dress. Fabric not nice. Jeans and floaty top a lot nicer, in my view

NapQueen Wed 17-May-17 20:38:50

Dont apologise, this is what I need. If there wasnt a big ? over it id not have posted grin

Cocolepew Wed 17-May-17 20:39:04

I like it.

Notthecarwashagain Wed 17-May-17 20:40:05

It makes your legs look really short because of the strange length of the trousers.
If they were shorter, or longer, I think it'd look better- but not flattering as it is.

nina2b Wed 17-May-17 20:40:08

I like it. The fabric IS nice, too!
Jazz it up with heels and you will look much more interesting than you would in the ubiquitous, boring "skinny jeans" uniform.smile

coconutcats Wed 17-May-17 20:40:27

I don't think it's unflattering and really can't see anyone pointing and laughing for that!

CrispyBathTowel Wed 17-May-17 20:41:25

I think if you're going to wear it with a grey jacket it will look very Office-y. Something to wear to work rather than on a night out.

NapQueen Wed 17-May-17 20:43:10

I do have short legs. 29" legs and Im only 5'2 so mega short arse really.

Ok, no grey jacket. Bare arms? Something else?

NoCapes Wed 17-May-17 20:43:24

I like it
The wise legs make your waist look tiny, and with heels on your legs won't look short atall
Much better than a boring jeans/heels/nice top combo

Notthecarwashagain Wed 17-May-17 20:45:06

I have short legs too- 29" and 5ft4 I'm basically all torso grin

nina2b Wed 17-May-17 20:45:10

I like the way you are standing on tip toes!!

TSSDNCOP Wed 17-May-17 20:46:04

No, don't. It looks ok. It also looks like the sort of thing you'll always agonise over what to put with it and whether you really like it.

Smeaton Wed 17-May-17 20:48:11

The bottoms need to taper a little more, they look a bit 'flappy'

SweetChickadee Wed 17-May-17 20:48:57

I'm 5 ft 8 in and size 12 and wouldn't wear wide short trousers for fear of looking dumpy grin

if it had long slim legs to it, it would be fab.

NapQueen Wed 17-May-17 20:50:17

I think long slim tapered trousers accentuate my leg shape which isnt nice. Ive got large thighs and my knees look like they come in to meet in ths middle (not in a ooh skinny girl thigh gap way)

SweetChickadee Wed 17-May-17 20:51:45

ah, ok gotcha

NapQueen Wed 17-May-17 20:53:45

Right it was reduced to £7.50 from 25 so Ive bought it. For that price I can uhm and ahh some more at home.

CrispyBathTowel Wed 17-May-17 21:21:38

I think if the trousers were tapered in they would make your hips and thighs look bigger than they are. Wide legged cropped in very 'in' at the moment. It does give you a nice waste. But you will need to wear heels with it.

CrispyBathTowel Wed 17-May-17 21:22:15

Oh ffs, waist not waste grin

happydays00 Wed 17-May-17 21:25:16

I like it, as long as you wear with heels, preferably high, stiletto or sandal not a wedge. But then I hate the boring uniform of jeans, nice floaty too combo.

BumWad Wed 17-May-17 21:25:27

We need another pic with proper heels on.

I'm in 2 minds

dudsville Wed 17-May-17 21:27:37

Oh I think it's really cute! I'm 5'7" and wouldn't wear it because I think it would make my legs look weird but I like the way it falls on you and wish I could carry it as well as you do. I like that it falls below-the-knee. I also don't think you need a jacket. I'm with you in wanting to cover my upper arms but I think the cut looks good on you and I wouldn't be looking at your upper arms. Your decision but i think you look great in it.

NapQueen Wed 17-May-17 21:27:39

Ok. I will do another pic tomorrow or fri if I can with the whole shebang. Am now in bed grin

NapQueen Wed 17-May-17 21:28:39

I love a pocket. I think the fact it had pockets sold it.

What about this bag?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now