Talk

Advanced search

Too old for FatFace?

(82 Posts)
FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 03-Feb-17 10:27:29

I stopped breastfeeding my 20 month old son a fortnight ago and I finally feel like my body is my own for the first time in 3 years!

I saw this in the window of my local Fat Face and love it, but - honest opinions please - is this sort of thing only suitable for teens and 20-somethings? My 33rd birthday is next month (how the hell did that even happen?!) and it'll be my first clothing purchase since I got pregnant 3 years ago, so I feel thoroughly out of my depth and don't want to look like a total and utter tit.....

www.fatface.com/dresses/layla-denim-dress/invt/919655#ff_colour=Mid%20Denim

MumBod Fri 03-Feb-17 10:28:23

Nobody is too old for Fatface.

Nice dress.

shopaholic85 Fri 03-Feb-17 10:33:11

I'm 32 and would wear that dress. How tall are you? The reviews say that it's longer than it looks on the model.

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 03-Feb-17 10:36:10

I'm 5ft 5 so pretty average? The model is probably 6ft+ isn't she, stuff's always longer on me ha!

mogloveseggs Fri 03-Feb-17 10:36:31

I'd wear it I'm 37

MusterTheRohirim Fri 03-Feb-17 10:37:48

I always thought it was aimed at women our age (also early 30s). Get it, it's nice, and stop with the old!

Heratnumber7 Fri 03-Feb-17 10:43:14

My 19 yo DD has that dress
Not helpful

Honeybee79 Fri 03-Feb-17 12:20:39

You are joking right?! I would wear that dress and I'm 37! Fat Face works for pretty much any age. Lovely dress.

Branleuse Fri 03-Feb-17 12:22:31

fat face isnt for youth, its for our age

LumelaMme Fri 03-Feb-17 12:23:39

I'd wear it, and I'm loads older than you.

MazDazzle Fri 03-Feb-17 12:31:44

Of course you're not too old.

I actually think of Fat Face as an older shop for women in their 30s and up!

BreatheDeep Fri 03-Feb-17 12:37:31

You're not too old. But more importantly, how did you last 3 years without buying new clothes?! I couldn't cope with that!

tovelitime Fri 03-Feb-17 12:38:52

You're too young for fatface, I'm too young for fatface and I'm 42.

countrybump Fri 03-Feb-17 12:39:52

I have a dress v similar to that and I'm going to be 40 this year. I thought fatface was pretty much aimed at women my age and older and I buy quite a bit from there (bought a chunky knitted dress from there this morning!).

I started off just buying kids stuff from there, but it's grown a bit and now the whole family - inc my MIL - seem to have an item or two from fatface!

I actually buy a lot our of fat face now because I'm in my late 30's because I was struggling to buy clothes that were still young enough for me but not shopping in the same shops as my teenage daughter. I thought it was aimed at our age group. I've never seen anything in there that I would say are aimed at the very young.

rollonthesummer Fri 03-Feb-17 13:50:13

Fat Face is very much aimed at our age group!

I would (and do) buy loads from Fat Face.

However, I did buy a dress very similar to that from Next thought and ended up taking it back as it made me look like an oversized school girl in a pinafore!! I think that might have just been my body shape though!

ExConstance Fri 03-Feb-17 14:44:12

I'd wear that dress and I'm 60. I tend to think of Fatface as a brand for middle aged + who want people to think they are younger.

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 03-Feb-17 14:49:16

Thank you! I've ordered one and I'll wear it with pride!!

Breathedeep I've lived in 3 pairs of primark jeggings and half a dozen tshirts. Before that it was maternity clothes out of the attic from when I was upduffed with baby 1. It wasn't worth buying naice new clothes because they got puked on or snotted on and I found breastmilk caused grease stains, plus I was limited on style because of the breastfeeding (no dresses - this will be the first one I've worn in years!)... So yeah, I look like a slob. It's horrid.

FluffyJawsOfDoom Fri 03-Feb-17 14:49:50

"Middle aged + who want people to think they are younger" thats me! grin

ExConstance Fri 03-Feb-17 15:11:46

Yes, that is me and DH too, he is off to the post office today to collect his huge cuddly warm as toast hoody thing, he is 61.

BusterGonad Fri 03-Feb-17 15:16:51

I wouldn't consider Fatface as a young persons shop, in my mind it's aimed at the older old group.

BusterGonad Fri 03-Feb-17 15:17:16

Older age group!

missyB1 Fri 03-Feb-17 15:32:49

I'm 48 and buy most of my clothes from Fatface!

missyB1 Fri 03-Feb-17 15:34:41

However I do have to add I tried that denim dress on in the shop and it was a weird fit, it sort of hung in a shapeless way. I didn't look trendy i just looked like some kind of old washerwoman!

Eastwestbestrest Fri 03-Feb-17 16:12:01

Fatface is aimed at middle aged mum's isn't it? Like White Stuff etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now