Talk

Advanced search

Help this size 16 --18-- wench find a swim suit

(20 Posts)
JugglingLife Fri 19-Jun-15 08:25:33

So the holidays are approaching, I am at an all time high in the buxomness stakes, I need the help of lovely mumsnetters to find me a one piece or tankini, maybe a bikini if the bottoms are very high waisted. My stats are 5'9", Apple shape I think. The absolute must have is a fab push up bra built in, it's the only way I can get a cleavage! It would be lovely to look like a gorgeous buxom wench.

JugglingLife Fri 19-Jun-15 08:25:58

--strike through fail--blush

Hobbes8 Fri 19-Jun-15 08:29:23

I got a Freya tankini on eBay (a new one, but cheaper than elsewhere). It comes in bra sizes and has an in built mesh bra thingy and underwiring. I got bottoms that are little shorts, but they had lots of other options, colours, patterns etc. it's very supportive. I tried on a size 16 tankini from elsewhere and the norks were spilling out all over the place, and it was padded, which is the last thing I need!

JugglingLife Fri 19-Jun-15 08:34:52

Thanks Hobbes, I think I need the underwire, the norkes, whilst a D cup need a decent bit of a push up, they tend to look quite small otherwise.

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 19-Jun-15 08:49:42

I know it's not very high-end, but the Asda body sculpting swimsuits are worth trying. I have one and am getting more in different prints. At £12 they are a steal. They are very flattering around the tummy and give good bust support/boost. I was at a spa day last week and did spot a few of the same costume on women of varying heights and sizes and they all looked good.

JugglingLife Fri 19-Jun-15 08:51:49

Is have never thought of Asda and at that price it's worth getting one, thanks!

averythinline Fri 19-Jun-15 08:57:45

I got a Fantasie tankini top off ebay then control short type bottoms from Peacock - they've been great ... if you get a bra makers top they have more structure so you get a better shape -I found other ones didn't make the most of the top half...smile

JugglingLife Fri 19-Jun-15 08:59:01

Exactly avery, puppies shouldn't disappear under your arm pits should they.

Theas18 Fri 19-Jun-15 09:02:42

Bravissimo are great but expensive.

Like avery we got dd a bravissimo top and M&s bottoms in a plain colour!

JugglingLife Fri 19-Jun-15 09:15:30

Has anybody tried the Marisota Magisculpt ones? Or are they a bit too mumsy?

albertcampionscat Fri 19-Jun-15 17:32:17

esther williams?

TollgateDebs Sat 20-Jun-15 11:41:45

Try Landsend www.landsend.co.uk/ I have a great plain black and they come in a variety of styles. Quality of mine is very good.

juneybean Sat 20-Jun-15 11:44:13

Are you are you're a D cup...

juneybean Sat 20-Jun-15 11:44:26

Are you sure**

EthelDurant123 Sat 20-Jun-15 11:46:15

Simply Be? The support swimsuits are a bit meh but reasonably priced.

dementedpixie Sat 20-Jun-15 11:48:18

I got panache bikinis from simply be and amazon. They are cup sized as I am a 36GG

Buttwing Sat 20-Jun-15 13:40:39

Right don't shoot me for saying this as usually I'm up for a bit of m and s bashing with everyone else but.... I bought a swimming costume from there last night which is bloody great. It's holds your tummy in and has a ruched panel down the front. I'm a 34ff at the mo and a size 14 and it gives me great boobs and a very flattering shape. I bought it in navy but I'm so tempted to go back and get the black too. It's £39.50.

noddingninja Sat 20-Jun-15 13:52:17

I'm the same size and have a long body - after a lengthy search I found a nice and flattering costume at BHS

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 20-Jun-15 16:28:37

I'm a big fan of elomi swimwear, swim bras, high pants and a tankini top. You can buy cheaper new versions on eBay.

Whenwillwe3meetagain Sat 20-Jun-15 16:37:58

I find it so hard to find cossies for tall girls. I got a hold you in halter neck from figleaves in longer length which is good but not a pusher upper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now