Talk

Advanced search

These Teva sandals? How smart?

(74 Posts)
Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:20:55

I've just seen another link and they look amazingly comfortable and just my thing. But - and I know this will horrify all the stylish people on here - could they be worn to work? My workplace bans flip flops and trainers and anything too sporty, but they look like safe sandals to me and the wedge ones look like they could come from anywhere. Obviously I don't mean the ones that look like open top trainers.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 07-Jun-15 10:21:55

Link?

QueenQueenie Sun 07-Jun-15 10:24:05

Yes, a link might be helpful?

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:24:42

www.teva.co.uk/1004550.html?dwvar_1004550_color=TOFF#start=5&cgid=women-sandals

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:25:13

www.teva.co.uk/1008641.html?dwvar_1008641_color=GND#start=7&cgid=women-sandals

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:26:02

www.teva.co.uk/1007301.html?dwvar_1007301_color=BLK#start=11&cgid=women-sandals-casual

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:27:55

Sorry. I thought Teva might be a bit like Birkenstock or Crocs. You know, everybody knows what they are like.

On the other thread, people either raved about them or thought they were ugly.

Actually, now I come to think of it, the other thread was in Chat not Style and Beauty, so perhaps that's a bit of a giveaway.

cadidog Sun 07-Jun-15 10:31:53

It depends on where you work. The first pair would be ok unless you're in an office that bans open toe. The second pair, I'd say no unless you work in my office i.e. jeans etc ok

SaulGood Sun 07-Jun-15 10:32:28

They're not my cup of tea but they look perfectly acceptable. I have to say though, I was in London over 8yrs ago, 8 months pregnant and during a heatwave. My feet were so sore and swollen I couldn't get my DM boots on. I went to the nearest shop and bought some sandals. They were teva. I wore them solidly that summer and the next and the next and I am wearing them right now. They look like new and are so, so comfortable. In summer I wear nothing else.

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:36:08

Open toe not banned but the norm is ballet flats or courts in the summer. I can't wear either (weird feet.) Winter so much easier for me.

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:37:18

Also, peep toe courts. I can't wear them either. I think sandals would be okay, but it would be better if they were a bit more all covering.

But, generally, would you say that (apart from the middle ones) they don't look like beach or garden shoes?

namechangefortoday543 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:45:00

Sorry they look like beach/garden/shopping shoes to me .

what are the issues with your feet - is it something you could get sorted out ???

TheAssassinsGuild Sun 07-Jun-15 10:47:19

They look like normal shoes to me. I don't think beach or garden when I look at them.

As to whether they are suitable for the office, I don't know. If you are genuinely concerned (and I can understand why you might want to be absolutely sure first) could you ask a colleague (possibly more senior or who's been with the company for longer) what they think?

DosDuchas Sun 07-Jun-15 10:48:11

they arent TOO Bad tbh

monkeysmama Sun 07-Jun-15 10:54:15

They're pretty fashionable at the moment.

Madbengalmum Sun 07-Jun-15 10:55:28

I think they are all inappropriate work shoes, all casual, and number 2 , red sandals look like something from a camping shop.
Not for work surely OP?

specialsubject Sun 07-Jun-15 11:02:31

anything other than ballet flats, which are really bad for your feet and offer zero protection too.

and also look ridiculous, like you've gone out in your slippers.

OnIlkleyMoorBahTwat Sun 07-Jun-15 11:10:34

They would be fine in my office, unless you work in the labs. But we are a very casual office - lots of even quite senior people wear jeans etc. I could never work somewhere that required formal dress every day.

The black ones look a bit smarter.

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 11:10:40

When I look at the shoes of people on the same level as me, they don't wear Teva sandals. Hence my doubt. But maybe they just haven't discovered Teva sandals and I could start a trend (most unlikely!)

Still not sure.

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 11:12:05

Jeans are a no no where I work. Explicitly stated. Basically the code is professional with a few bans. The Teva sandals aren't flipflops or trainers so don't break the dress code, but I'm not sure if they count as professional. Or sufficiently professional.

Efferlunt Sun 07-Jun-15 11:13:12

Teva have a great rep as sandles for serious walkers. I climbed Snowdon in a pair. (Llanbreris path sunny day tho) I'm sure they will be really comfy

Efferlunt Sun 07-Jun-15 11:13:41

Not sure I would wear them to the office tho

namechangefortoday543 Sun 07-Jun-15 11:22:44

I think looking at what others are wearing is a good guide OP.

The first ones shopping/sightseeing if it was going to be a long day.
The second ones beach/garden.
I am not keen on the third ones.

mirpuppet Sun 07-Jun-15 11:34:58

Not professional enough for the office.

Stitchintime1 Sun 07-Jun-15 11:36:52

I thought they weren't going to make the cut. Ah well. Thank you everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now