Talk

Advanced search

50s Swing style dress?

(8 Posts)
Whatsounddoesagiraffemake Fri 05-Apr-13 22:42:37

BIL is getting married in a couple of months and only 5 months after DC2 was born I'm not feeling at my most glamorous.

Having decided that boobs, waist and lower legs are the bits best seen at the moment I've hit upon the idea of a 50s Swing dress or even a prom dress with a big skirt as my best option.

Where can I find a florally one (outdoors, low key wedding) or even a top and skirt? I live in the Guildford area so maybe if anyone knows of a vintage shop in lieu of anywhere selling them on the high street at the moment, I'd be most grateful!

caramelgirl Fri 05-Apr-13 22:45:54

Lady v London does mail order and returns. Or Vivien of Holloway is lovely but unsure if post. Hope that you find something nice

Ashoething Sat 06-Apr-13 10:00:46

Yep Lady vintage does great dresses. I found them after they were mentioned on here and I have ordered 4 dresses in the past couple of weeksblush They have a sale on at the moment!

SayMama Sat 06-Apr-13 10:56:03

I have this one ear marked for a friends wedding in the summer. But if you're not keen, the website has plenty of lovely ones!

Whatsounddoesagiraffemake Sat 06-Apr-13 19:48:16

Oh wow, thank you so much one and all. I love both the sites and will defo order from one of them, plus get a big old petticoat I've seen on eBay. Yay!

NorkilyChallenged Sat 06-Apr-13 20:08:36

nice stuff here too (sorry on phone so not a proper link sad )
http://www.collectif.co.uk/rose-regina-rose-doll-dress-p-sku03120816-c-black.html

EricIsMine Sat 06-Apr-13 20:38:41

I wore this for a wedding last year, it's gorgeous smile

may day hell bunny

MagratGarlik Sat 06-Apr-13 21:46:35

I love this style because it's really flattering if you've got a waist and curves.

Have you tried eBay? I've had a couple of lovely ones from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now