Talk

Advanced search

Angel by Thierry Mugler

(68 Posts)
TheCountessOlenska Tue 23-Oct-12 15:13:45

I sprayed this on in a department store the other day because I had never smelt it before and had heard it was a classic. Wasn't sure at first but when it had settled down a bit I LOVED it, it smelt like Christmas and I kept sniffing my arm for the rest of the day!

It does seem to be a bit of a "marmite" perfume -I have seen it mentioned on here. On the thread about "Worst Perfumes" the other day, and also just now on a thread about smells that should be nice that aren't.

I don't want to make people feel sick as I walk past them. . . but I really loved it!

Should I treat myself? Or stick to something a bit more subtle?

ScooseIsLooseInTheHauntedHoose Tue 23-Oct-12 15:15:32

I love angel too I only use it on special occasions or a night out as its a but much for day to day wear. I agree you either love it or hate it but I love it!

noddyholder Tue 23-Oct-12 15:16:07

I love it It reminds me of a lovely friend who wears it

VeritableSmorgasbord Tue 23-Oct-12 15:17:13

I quite like it as it reminds me of a nice friend, but put it this way, when you're walking behind someone wearing it, you have NO doubt that they're wearing it. It's in no way a subtle perfume. It's overpowering for those around you.

TheCountessOlenska Tue 23-Oct-12 15:34:41

Thanks, I might get it then and save it for special occasions. DH liked it on me too.

SoldeInvierno Tue 23-Oct-12 15:52:02

I love Angel, and Alien and Mirroir (all by T.M.), but as you say, they are "marmite" perfumes

daffodillady Tue 23-Oct-12 15:59:33

It's great on holiday for keeping the mosquitoes away!

WandaDoff Tue 23-Oct-12 16:03:04

It literally takes my breath away.

Sets my asthma off a treat.

randomfemale Tue 23-Oct-12 16:16:21

I'm not keen on Angel but adore Violet Angel, Alien and my ultimate fave Eau de Star.

iMum Tue 23-Oct-12 16:17:22

I love poison-again a marmite perfume.

therumoursaretrue Tue 23-Oct-12 16:29:51

I love it, wore it for years. Haven't had it for a while now but my friend text to say she saw a set at a good price somewhere this morning so tempted to buy some now.

My friends mother always knew if I'd been in his house before her though because she could smell the Angel!

YouOldSlag Tue 23-Oct-12 16:32:21

Horrible. Everyone raves about it but it just smells like chocolate and baking to me. I honestly don't get the hype. Definitely a marmite perfume!

BunnyLeBOOwski Tue 23-Oct-12 16:32:35

Oh I cannot stand it.

But then I think Channel No.5 smells like boiled cat's piss so what do I know.

Northumberlandlass Tue 23-Oct-12 16:33:44

Definite Marmite Perfume - gives me a blinding headache in about 30 minutes.

YouOldSlag Tue 23-Oct-12 16:36:54

Chanel No 5 smells like stale panstick. I've never smelt it on anyone and thought "Mmm, that's nice"

feeltheforce Tue 23-Oct-12 16:38:37

Love love love it. It's all I've ever worn since the week it came out.

CiderwithBuda Tue 23-Oct-12 16:40:58

I quite like it. A friend bought me some for a birthday when it first came out. I liked wearing the body lotion more than the perfume. It's more subtle but still there. Maybe try the lotion if you are not sure?

GreenEyesAndHam Tue 23-Oct-12 16:41:12

I hate it, but I still think you should buy it. If you and your DH love it, why wouldn't you?

SaraBellumHertz Tue 23-Oct-12 16:48:09

I hate it I'm afraid. And I have never met a man who likes it.

Ihatemytoes Tue 23-Oct-12 16:55:09

I don't like it at all, but if you like it, buy it!

I love it on me, but hate it on my sister. DH is the one who kept buying it (the only perfume he's ever bought me actually) so I presume he quite likes me wearing it too smile

Definitely a going out perfume rather than a day one though.

Can't stand Chanel No5 either, gives me a migraine as, does Chloe which my Nan always insisted on buying for me.

TheCountessOlenska Tue 23-Oct-12 17:04:17

Ha ha, ok I think I will get it - use with a light hand and not for everyday! And I will look out for people turning pale or wheezing around me so that I can discreetly move away from them!!

anniewoo Tue 23-Oct-12 17:40:03

Migraine inducing

PerryCombover Tue 23-Oct-12 17:43:09

honestly is very very heavy for those of us with a sensitive nose
i've felt ill around it before.
felt the same way with Tom Ford Black Orchid

PerryCombover Tue 23-Oct-12 17:49:23

get me and my sensitive nose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now