Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SW Meetup Any more takers?

(100 Posts)
NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 26-Oct-12 13:11:25

Just a reminder that some of us are meeting in Exeter in Wed 31st October 11am to 3pm.

Anyone else who would like to come pm me and I will give you the details. You will be very welcome.

kmummy Fri 26-Oct-12 17:49:46

I can't message you sad

coff33pot Fri 26-Oct-12 18:01:47

Bumping up grin

Who is bringing carrot cake then!

kmummy Fri 26-Oct-12 18:12:20

Where is to?

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 26-Oct-12 18:35:20

kmummy have messaged you. Hope it went through.

coff on the catering front. I am bringing tea coffee apple and orange juice.
I am planning on some baking so will have fairy cakes and shortbread biscuits with a low key Halloween theme.
ellie said she would bring cake.

If you or your Dcs have any particular needs let me know especially if your coming from distance and don't want to drag everything for miles. I only live about 15 mins away and pass Sainsbury's on the way. grin

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 26-Oct-12 18:37:05

Ooo, jealous. envy Maybe next time. Have a good one all of you.

Who's Ellie? <nosy>

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 26-Oct-12 18:41:22

As in elliejjtiny.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 26-Oct-12 18:44:00

Shame, I thought you might have outed someone. wink

zzzzz Fri 26-Oct-12 18:57:18

You only get to know our names if you turn up. wink

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 26-Oct-12 18:59:31

Next time, maybe Cribbs? I know it's too far for the Cornish MNers, but I would love to meet up. Then I can properly update my spreadsheet.

elliejjtiny Fri 26-Oct-12 19:14:38

I'm Ellie. I'll tell you my real name on wednesday grin. Stupid question but is there going to be stuff for the DC's to do? Or are we just going to sit in an empty room and eat cake for 4 hours? That sounds fine to me but if that's the case I'll bring stuff for my boys to do. If not then there will be more room in my bag for cake. I'm going to book wheelchair assistance for the train journey on monday. Never been this far on my own with 3 DC's and the wheelchair before. DS1 is incredibly excited (about the train journey mostly)and I haven't even told him about the cake yet.

signandsmile Fri 26-Oct-12 19:25:20

i will bring homemade chocolate fudge... grin people can take it home to treat selves later, if they don't eat on the day....

am looking forward to it.. grin

PolterGoose Fri 26-Oct-12 19:28:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PolterGoose Fri 26-Oct-12 19:29:01

NoHaudinMaWheest Fri 26-Oct-12 20:33:14

Sorry elllie I haven't got as far as organising anything for DCs to do. I could do paper and crayons but there is quite an age range so it might be better if you brought your own stuff. Don't worry about the cake. It sounds as if you have enough on your hands.

Poltergoose hope you manage to get round Ds. We have two adjoining rooms and there aren't masses of us so we could probably find a corner for him to sit and play with a game or whatever.

PolterGoose Fri 26-Oct-12 20:47:25

zzzzz Fri 26-Oct-12 22:13:13

grin at altruism!

Ellen one day you are going to have to share that spread sheet. I have totally lost the plot with all the name changes and now just smile vaguely and honk at all. Cribbs is doable for me but I would need a babysitter because Cribbs with ds is a little tiring.

Slightly freaking about driving into Exeter and parking (pathetic I know), but can't wait to put more faces to names to nicknames.

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 27-Oct-12 12:24:44

Mainly bumping.

For those of you bringing Dcs I realise 4 hours is a long time to be in a room full of chatting mothers. The cathedral green is just round the corner if they want a run around and there is a play park and the recently refurbished free museum about 10 mins away. If some needed to go and come back that would be possible and you could leave bags and stuff in the room as I at least won't be going anywhere!

coff33pot Sat 27-Oct-12 14:07:34

How many DCs are coming?

If I know the ages and how many I may be able to sort out some sort of lucky bag each smile

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 27-Oct-12 14:27:38

Coff that would be great.

As far as I know there will be
1 9yr
1 7yr (yours)
1 6yr
1 4yr
2 3yr
1 1yr

Good luck!

coff33pot Sat 27-Oct-12 14:49:54

Thanks for that I am on it grin

If anyone else has an extra dc coming just let me know and I will whiz one together.

PolterGoose Sat 27-Oct-12 15:44:37

coff33pot Sat 27-Oct-12 16:32:34

oooh! messy play! grin

*nohaudin" do you think you could re-list what you have posted wether each child is a DD or a DS so I have an idea of colours. I dont think a DS would like a pink bag LOL smile

NoHaudinMaWheest Sat 27-Oct-12 16:36:05

One 3yr is DD all the others are DSs. Poltergoose's DS is the 9 yr old listed.

zzzzz Sat 27-Oct-12 18:32:02

Am I in there? Ds is 7, and probably coming hmm. Please don't go to any trouble for us as we are hideously unreliable blush. We will bring things to do and snacks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now