Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

To get rid of my fwb of 4 years.

(98 Posts)
HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 05:58:01

You can judge if you like frankly I don't care. I've had a fwb for 4 years. He disappears for months then comes back. I know he's probly in a relationship somewhere but I'm single and frankly I don't give a stuff.
Any hoo. He blocked me on fb. First time ever. Kind of stumped me. So I go looking and it seems I'm also blocked on wattsapp. Cue psycho woman . I've blocked him on everything. Okay I feel crap now. We connected sexually but emotionally not so much. Maybe I just have to high a sex drive to care. But I would rather not be broken for a second time

araiwa Mon 03-Apr-17 06:01:06

get rid of him?

too late for that, hes already got rid of you

move on

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:02:30

Oh no he will be back. Always is. He has his moments that's for sure. I've just blocked him to avoid temptation.

MrsTwix Mon 03-Apr-17 06:04:43

He probably has a girlfriend and is trying to avoid temptation. Not a nice way to do it though.

Move on. Don't unblock him.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Mon 03-Apr-17 06:05:33

Well aren't you both a treat? hmm

He's blocked you. Move on.

hesterton Mon 03-Apr-17 06:07:53

Hes treating you badly. Fwb are fine but shouldn't you care a bit that someone is being deceived? He treats her badly, he treats you badly...

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:18:31

Thing is I don't know if he is. If I did that would be the end of it. Hey ho. All sorted now. He's done me the favour.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:19:38

To be honest I'd have preferred him just to tell me. You know can't see you tonight I've got a girlfreind. That would have been a little less harsh as I've always expected it. But never mind.

Paninotogo Mon 03-Apr-17 06:25:02

Why do you claim not to care? You clearly do. Maybe you wanted more..?

Thats not FWB. That's his booty call.or unpaid whore. Not judging, but semantically the "F" part seems to have been lacking even before he did this.

When it was going on, did you ever get to make the date, or was it always when it was convenient for him?

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:27:29

I made the call as well. I suppose I did want more . Back to the drawing board I suppose. Funnily enough I may have become an ice queen where emotions are concerned. I'll break sometime later today.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:28:30

I wanted more once. Oh well. Life can be crap sometimes.

FritzDonovan Mon 03-Apr-17 06:45:38

I wanted more once. Oh well.
Um, so why didn't you go looking for it with someone who treated you better than this arse then?

GeekyWombat Mon 03-Apr-17 06:50:26

Sorry to hear you clearly hurting. You can do better, both in FWBs if that's what you want (this one doesn't seem very friendly) and more conventional relationships if that's what you're after.

Blocking him is definitely a good plan. Take comfort in telling him to knob off if / when he comes crawling back for more sex.

flowers

Be gentle to yourself today OP.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:51:51

I've always been looking. Just never found anything. Sometimes life doesn't give you the cake you always want.
I'm a little hurt yes. But no more empty promises for me. I just attract idiots.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:52:57

Thano you geeky. Maybe I've been a pushover. But the sex was always good. My downfall I suppose.

I'll break sometime later today

Treat yourself kindly. Have a really nice lunch, or buy yourself something pretty (sorry, sounds shallow, but you know what I mean!). Call up a good friend and have a great natter. Clear out a wardrobe. Plant some herbs.

But do resolve not to do men in monogamous relationships. Really not good for the soul, and you'll feel better about yourself if you support the sisterhood. grin

Guitargirl Mon 03-Apr-17 06:57:14

Keep him blocked OP. He doesn't treat you very well and this wouldn't be good for anyone's self-esteem. Try to put him out of your mind, as if he didn't exist.

zen1 Mon 03-Apr-17 06:57:49

You deserve better. Be strong if/when he comes crawling back.

Rainydayspending Mon 03-Apr-17 06:58:39

FWB. The first rule is to be able to let them go. You've both dented that with all this blocking. It is hard to maintain boundaries in that sort of relationship. It doesn't mean you'll attract more the same though.
Sorry you're upset. Shows he wasn't really a friend after all. That bit sucks a hell of a lot probably more than the end of a short fling. flowers.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 06:58:47

I'll be on here for.support if he does. If I can be strong with my ex husband this one should be a since shouldnt it

skerrywind Mon 03-Apr-17 06:59:02

If you treat yourself like casual fuck material then that is how others will too.

contractor6 Mon 03-Apr-17 07:00:32

Deleted his numbers and email too.
We all deserve better than being the ow, whether it is fwb or not.

HowamIgoingtocope Mon 03-Apr-17 07:03:35

If you treat yourself like casual fuck material then that is how others will too

Wow

MrsJamin Mon 03-Apr-17 07:04:49

If you treat yourself like casual fuck material then that is how others will too.

^ this! You need to have respect for yourself before you expect others to respect you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now