Advanced search

The decluttering, cleaning, vacating, pandering, nailbiting antics of the stressed out house sellers goes on and on....

(427 Posts)
TerrysNo2 Mon 24-Jun-13 21:22:39

New thread!

Come share and despair smile

doglover Tue 25-Jun-13 19:27:09

(Sighing) Yes, I'm still here with all you lovely ladies! Delays with our purchase (work needing to be done before being signed off by Building Inspector) and still waiting to hear if our buyer's survey was problem-free.
Feel stressed and impatient ............... this has been my usual default setting over the last 3 months sad

rubyrubyruby Tue 25-Jun-13 19:32:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ghosteditor Tue 25-Jun-13 19:34:21

Good luck terry's and these buyers seem like they're in a good position; hope it works out!

doglover Tue 25-Jun-13 19:38:22

Well, we arranged our survey and it was done within 10 days. Our buyers' took nearly 5 weeks angry

doglover Tue 25-Jun-13 19:40:29

Sorry, our survey results arrived 4 days after it was done and we're still waiting to hear if everything's ok with our buyer's one on here ..........

doglover Tue 25-Jun-13 19:40:50

Sorry, our survey results arrived 4 days after it was done and we're still waiting to hear if everything's ok with our buyer's one on here ..........

TerrysNo2 Tue 25-Jun-13 19:41:59

if you get your own survey (separately to a mortgage valuation) then it takes as long as you want in that you find a surveyor and tell them when to do it! the report usually takes a week top write up but they should be able to give you a verbal highlight if any issues straightaway.

rubyrubyruby Tue 25-Jun-13 19:45:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Turnipinatutu Tue 25-Jun-13 20:00:59

Hello all, I'm still here and still waiting..and waiting....and waiting....
Still sale agreed and still nothing to buy or even view sad
I've decided to do up dd's bedroom and pretend we don't want move, then maybe sod's law will come into force <hopeful>

I'll have to read up on all your progress as I can't keep up!

TerrysNo2 Tue 25-Jun-13 20:23:40

I don't think it's necessarily a mistake ruby but doing your own independent one gives you better access to the surveyor if you need to ask then questions about their report and if they make a mistake you can claim on their PI cover, if your bank appoints them I don't think you can do this.

Jaynebxl Wed 26-Jun-13 07:31:33

Ruby I have a feeling (but may be wrong cos I can't think why I think this!) that you are near me. We booked the survey, it was done and we got the report all within a week.

We had good news last night ... Our EA ended up getting really cross with the EA further up the chain who was drip feeding info and dragging feet ... And the consequence is it looks like we might actually exchange next week ... Exactly 6 months after our offer was accepted!

SadPander Wed 26-Jun-13 09:14:20

Poor you doglover! Its a horrible, stressful time. Fingers crossed that it all comes together for you.

SadPander Wed 26-Jun-13 09:18:41

Ruby our buyers (who pulled out) had the survey done on the Firday and pulled out as a result on the monday, so their's was super quick, and that was a combined home buyers survery and valuation done by their mortgage provider. We had our valuation done by the mortgage company and survey done by a seperate company and ours took much longer, think it was about 10 days.

underthemountain Wed 26-Jun-13 10:23:01

Hello everyone, we are having photos taken Thursday-supposed to be raining...

rubyrubyruby Wed 26-Jun-13 21:17:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jaynebxl Wed 26-Jun-13 23:35:33

I'm sure we are both right then Ruby grin

Woo hoo our estate agent thinks we will exchange Tuesday! And move the following week! She ended up having to get quite shirty with the agent further up the chain who seemed to be in no hurry but it seems to have worked!

rubyrubyruby Thu 27-Jun-13 06:36:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jaynebxl Thu 27-Jun-13 06:50:54

We are going with a local company (so local they are in our village!) and getting them to pack. So feels a bit like not much we can do right now ... What about you ruby?

rubyrubyruby Thu 27-Jun-13 07:11:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jaynebxl Thu 27-Jun-13 07:25:50

Definitely pack yourself if you have bored teens! I did plan to lack but we don't have a spare room and there's nowhere to store the boxes so I gave up. My token 8 packed boxes are in the corner of the dining room looking very attractive!

TerrysNo2 Thu 27-Jun-13 10:40:20

I was going to pack myself but the removals company quoted me £120 to do it, seems a bit crazy to say no!

50shadesofmeh Sat 29-Jun-13 00:23:11

That's my house on rightmove :-0 had a little cry it looked so lovely and I feel horrible leaving it. Hoping we get some viewers and a quick sale .

Jaynebxl Sat 29-Jun-13 05:58:07

50shades it's a very strange feeling, isn't it?

Good news here! Finally all the searches on all the houses in the chain are now complete (only 4 houses but it felt like 94 with how long it has all taken!) and it appears we will exchange on Tuesday and actually complete a week later! Woo hoo! Packers provisionally booked and grandparents on standby grin

ghosteditor Sat 29-Jun-13 12:44:00

Yey Jayne! Good luck!

Still no news here hmm. Our prospective buyers have apparently received two contradictory responses from planning, so they're having to wait on a final decision (doesn't sound good, does it). However, our other prospective buyer has had some good viewings recently so may be in a position to offer again.

Still bloody waiting angry

doglover Sat 29-Jun-13 12:46:37

My update is on the other current thread .................... feeling really sick and worried confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now