Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant Women's Moan Thread

(154 Posts)
Taibhse Sun 03-Nov-19 21:05:09

Thought I'd start a thread to unload all of our general moans, be they rational or totally and utterly irrational grin

I'll go first.

30 weeks now and more than ready for the next 10 weeks to be over. Suffering with PGP which means that if I move around too much I'm fucked, and interestingly, if I don't move around enough I'm equally fucked. For added irony, the line between the 2 is very slim hmm

My iron is borderline and I'm also exhausted after being at home all week with 3dcs who were on half term, so have a pile of work to catch up on (I'm freelance and normally work while they're at school). Oh and we have been renovating for the last few weeks, and thankfully have finished now but the house is a shit tip because of it and it's stressing me out because I can't launch into the cleaning too hard with the PGP.

Icing on the cake is that for the last few days, whatever position the baby is in, every movement feels like I'm being bloody jabbed sharply in the ribs/side by an MMA fighter. And don't even start me on the fanny daggers hmm

Phew! Feel a bit lighter now grin Come and sympathise/commiserate/share your woes with me!

LHMB Fri 06-Dec-19 21:13:32

I've got to go in tomorrow for monitoring, then Wednesday for pre op and more monitoring, then Thursday for steroid injections. They haven't said if I will have to stay Thurs night but I probably will, I'll ask them on wed.

SleepingStandingUp Sat 07-Dec-19 01:13:09

Oh no overnights here unless baby is out but it does make sense to book in the night before rather than 7 am like here

Taibhse Tue 10-Dec-19 11:56:56

How has everyone been doing? I've had a tummy bug since the weekend and have managed to lose 2kg since the GP weighed me last week 😱 Have a consultant app tomorrow so will see what they say. Also have exams Thurs and Fri, Santa visit sat, and then I can get on with panic buying the last few bits for Xmas. I'm normally done and dusted by now but so much going on this year! Also, need to buy a new car seat and buggy for the new arrival and haven't even started looking yet 🙈

Taibhse Wed 01-Jan-20 21:18:14

Need a proper whinge. Almost 39 weeks now and having a sudden attack of the 'can't copes' 🙈 my 3 dcs are all unwell at the moment and are cabin feverish due to being out of their school routines. I'm afraid of catching whatever they have, and possibly passing it on to the baby when he arrives.

Plus dh has decided that now is the time to do a shit ton of painting and decorating that he's been ignoring for the last 2/3 years so I'm freaking out about coming home to a building site (which is ridiculous because thankfully, DH is a goodun and always finishes any job tidily).

So I've been doing loads of stupid irrational panicking and basically feel overwhelmed and like I just can't cope. Which is ridiculous because I know I can cope just fine and it's just one of those end of pregnancy things hmm

Thank goodness I'm scheduled for CS in the coming days, though I'm still holding out dwindling hope for a spontaneous vbac 🤞

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »