Talk

Advanced search

Lost teddy, heartbroken daughter - can anyone help please?

(58 Posts)
Callisto Sun 07-Oct-07 20:23:08

Hi all, wasn't sure where to put this and really hoping someone can help, though I know it is a long shot.

My daughter (2.6) lost her teddy today. We have searched everywhere and can't find him. Needless to say she is devastated and really worried about him. I have posted a picture of him in my profile and if anyone of you has a teddy like him to spare I would gladly pay you for him. He is a Tesco hugging friend (a dog really). I shall also be contacting Tesco just incase they have any left over anywhere and no doubt tomorrow my daughter and I will be putting up 'lost teddy' posters.

If anyone can help I would be so grateful. xx

MorticiasMother Sun 07-Oct-07 20:26:10

Oh no! What a nightmare! I remember when ds threw his teddy out of the car window by mistake, I was doing 60mph on a busy, fast road. I had to turn around at the first opportunity, and then turn around again at the point where I thought he might have thrown in, and drive at around 10mph with my hazard lights flashing, pissing off all other motorists. I had to pull over in the end and found it by a fluke in some long grass.

Hopefully someone will be able to help.

ThePhantomToiletFlusher Sun 07-Oct-07 20:26:18

You could try e-bay..this happenned to my friend and she found an exact replica on there..

imaginaryfriend Sun 07-Oct-07 20:28:51

I would try Ebay too, if it's a Tescos bear it's likely to turn up there I think.

I so know how you feel. My dd lost a little precious soft Father Christmas when she was nearly 3 and it was like the end of the world. We never found another one like it unfortunately.

MorticiasMother Sun 07-Oct-07 20:28:55

Oh but I can tell you the heart warming story of SallyStrawberry who lost her dd's cherished strawberry toy comforter. As they had been moving house she obviously thought that it must have been lost in transist. Nearly everyone on Mumsnet were involved in the hunt for a replacement, but the toys were no longer made and no-one had another. Eventually a much larger one was procured by another Mumsnetter and sent to them. Strawberry tried to "shorten" it with some stitching but it wasn't the same. Her dd would go to bed every night very very sad and worried about her "strawberry".

Then one day she happened to look behind the washing machine and..........there it was!

Hope yours has a happy ending too.

SugaryBits Sun 07-Oct-07 20:29:19

There is a lost & found toy page on a website which may be of use. I think it was the Blooming Marvellous site. If not hopefully someone else will know.

BrownSuga Sun 07-Oct-07 20:37:43

is it like this?

BrownSuga Sun 07-Oct-07 20:39:37

another for bid

RustyBear Sun 07-Oct-07 20:40:28

Thislooks similar, but I'm not sure it's exactly the same.
If you go back to the list of items, there are others but they mostly seem to be dressed in pink.

Callisto Sun 07-Oct-07 20:41:26

Brown suga - it is weirdly similar but Teddy has a cream body, much smaller. If you click on my name you'll see his pic in my profile.

Thank you so much for the responses everyone - ebay is a great idea.

CarGirl Sun 07-Oct-07 20:41:46

Hate to tell you it's one of the rarer ones!! In the past they have gone for quite a lot on ebay!

BrownSuga Sun 07-Oct-07 20:42:19

TA DAH!!!!

MorticiasMother Sun 07-Oct-07 20:43:31

Nah, it's a dog sugar.

MorticiasMother Sun 07-Oct-07 20:44:03

Oops, you found it! £20 though - ouch!

Habbibu Sun 07-Oct-07 20:44:23

Toys reunited - here

SugaryBits Sun 07-Oct-07 20:45:35

Wow well down brownsuga! Never underestimate the power of MN!

MorticiasMother Sun 07-Oct-07 20:45:55

Not the same but similar for much cheaper here

Posey Sun 07-Oct-07 20:46:39

Oh how I feel for you.

Ds lost bunny at the swimming pool (or on the way home) - he's 4.5 and shouldn't have brought it out.

Anyway I was out at the crack of dawn the next day retracing footsteps, asking at the pool etc. Over the next day or 2, ds faced up to the fact it was gone and was pretty downhearted I can tell you.

Anyway arrived at swimming lessons again this week and recounted to a friend sad tale. Her face lit up and she told me her dd had found it on the way home from pool but didn't know what to do with it (its only about 5cm tall).
Anyway it was duly returned the next day.

So my advice is, tell everyone its lost as someone must have found it and if they realise how "valuable" it is, only a heartless B would not return it.

Good luck!

MorticiasMother Sun 07-Oct-07 20:47:12

Toys Reunited here

barbamama Sun 07-Oct-07 20:47:34

Also maybe post where you lost it so anyone that lives there too could keep an eye out?

Callisto Sun 07-Oct-07 20:51:19

You are all wonderful, thank you so much. I am trying to talk DP into letting my spend £20 on a replacement at the moment. I don't think that I can get away with the cheaper version sadly.

That toys reunited website is so sad.

Callisto Sun 07-Oct-07 20:52:35

I shall begin the poster campaign tomorrow.

moodlumtheWOOOHOOHOOhoodlum Sun 07-Oct-07 20:53:11

Where did you lose it? Then those who live near can look (like me!)

barbamama Sun 07-Oct-07 20:53:23

I know, it bought a tear to my eye(breastfeeding and hormonal)

Callisto Sun 07-Oct-07 20:55:05

Well, I think when we were dogwalking this morning - Mill Bridge in Fairford, Glos.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now